Black and Gold,a challenge quilt.

UK Liz

8081908192_fc73107891.jpg

August quilts 012 by logcabinlizzie168, on Flickr

This quilt was made for a challenge set by group of longarm quilters in the UK that belong to an online forum.

The challenge was to make a two colour quilt, minimum size 40 inches X 40 inches. This is 60 inches square. The design is called Carpenters square and I found the QAL here

http://bloominworksh...ters-wheel-qal/

I chose to make it more of a challenge by using yellow which is not my favourite colour, by using a pattern that required all y seams and I wanted to do a two colour binding.

I left it till 7 days before the deadline to even begin cutting fabric, I had a busy summer!

The top came together well and I knew how I wanted to quilt it which also went relatively smoothly but I could not find the DVD that showed how to do the binding that I wanted so I quickly put on a tiny border and ordinary binding just so I could meet the deadline for posting pictures for voting.

Afterwards I felt disapointed with it so removed the binding and border and put on proper piped binding I am now happy with it.

8116064261_3a2ba0c024.jpg

RMES show 012 by logcabinlizzie168, on Flickr

I won a ribbon, not something that really happens in the UK I should point out there were only 8 entries in the hand guided catergory but I was still quite pleased.

I hope I have managed to post the picturescorrectly, thanks to Heidi for the tutorial if I an sucessful.

Liz

Archived