A Quilt Show by any other name . . . change for MQX!

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Only the name changes -- all else stays the same. Here is a post from Janet-Lee Santeusanio:

A couple things......... Mary has been getting phone calls about registering for East. No we haven't forgotten. December 3rd is Open Registration. Students from MQX East 2012 will have the opportunity to register a few days early and receive a private e-mail with registration information.

We are making some changes and you all are some of the first to learn about it. First and foremost, NOTHING has changed with the company or anything related to the company, just the names.

MQX East is now the New England Quilt Festival (NEQuiltFestival.com)

MQX West is now the Pacific Northwest Quilt Festival (PNWQuiltFestival.com)

All addresses go to the MQX website which will undergo a minor facelift in the next few weeks.

Great name change! Maybe the new name will attract regular quilters to the quilt show and the great vendors. I like it! I talked up MQX at guild before the show and enticed a few to attend. They were all very impressed.

The only possible conflict/confusion might be with the Pacific West Quilt Show put on every summer now in Tacoma. It's put on by the Association of Pacific West Quilters and attracts big-name entrants as well.

Guest Linda S

I think that's the main reason for the change, Linda. So many folks think it's just a specialized show for long arm quilters. While it's not a hand-quilting show, it is indeed a show for all people who love quilts. I hope to see many of you there -- both east and west.

• 2 weeks later...

Ann,

Some of the classes are hands on and there are some geared towards beginners. There are also a lot of classes at this show that are in lecture form too.

Take a hands on with Deloa and you will learn so much. She always has hands on classes. Dawn's classes are excellent too. There really are lots of wonderful teachers but these are two of my favorites.

Why is there no Mississippi River Basin Quilt Festival or Gulf States Quilt Festival or Southern Bell Quilt Festival. I mean, looks like they forgot about usens.

:D I guess because you-ens have Houston!

Miss Sylvia--fly out next October and we'll visit the Portland show together. You can bunk with us which makes the hotel cheap.

Be sure to plan for a couple of extra days at my house so we can re-distribute some cash. We can visit --

Shipwreck Beads

The Museum of Glass (Chihuly)

Bayside Quilting

Powell Books in Portland

The Oregon Coast

Fabric Depot or EESchenck

Places in Seattle and Portland too numerous to mention--your choice

Mark your calendar for next October!

Guest Linda S

Yes! There are beginner classes. I taught one this year -- not sure if I'll teach it next year, but it was a great success.

Sylvia - you've gotta get out in the world, honey! Yes, you have Houston. I know Portland is very close to me, but do you know that I have attended every MQX EAST (with the exception of spring 2011) since 2005? The travel costs are to be considered, but if you plan ahead you can get a good deal. The classes are extremely reasonable when you consider what it would cost to fly a teacher into your area and then take a class. Most local classes with longarm teachers in this area run $200-300. The costs are much lower at a show, because they have a lot more students.

Oregon is a beautiful state (so is Washington). I'd take Linda up on her offer! You'd have a super time. And, I'd get to meet you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived