have a manual to their machine or is this a silly question..

Does anyone have a manual for their Lenni machine? I have requested one several times and still have not received one.. I can't even fine any instructions on how to change the needle, threed the machine or change the lights on this thing on the internet anywhere. You pay this much for these thing you would think you could get a manual on how to run them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you purchased recently, look for an included DVD that has instructions for your machine and will step you through all functions. If you purchased used, email Dawn or Amy for a copy.

How to change the needle--loosen the set screw at the side of your needle bar with a small screwdriver. Don't remove the screw, just loosen enough to remove the needle. Hold the needle and lower it slightly through the hole in the needle plate so you can angle it back up and clear the needle bar. New needles insert with the groove at the front and the scarf (indentation) at the back. Insert up as far as it will go and tighten the set screw. Don't overtighten or over time you may strip the screw or wear a groove at the end and it won't hold your needle securely. You can use a pin inserted in the eye of the needle to determine if it's facing perfectly forward. If it's angled to the side, loosen the screw very slightly, use the pin in the eye to turn the needle so the eye is forward, and tighten. Manually lower the needle bar to check for needle clearance and to make sure all is secure and straight.

I assume your Lenni is threaded the same as the other machines. Place your thread cone on the holder. Bring the end of the thread through the loop at the end of the guide just above the holder. Adjust the guide so it is exactly above. Take the thread towards the front of the machine and insert the end through one hole of the three hole guide in the center of the machine. It doesn't matter which hole--i use the lowest one and my guide points down. Again heading towards the front, you will now thread the next three hole guide above the tension assembly. This guide should be positioned so when you look at it straight on it's like clock hands pointing to "8 o'clock". Insert the thread up the first hole, under and up the second, and under and up the third hole. This is the classic threading path but many times and with different weight threads you may thread fewer holes and in a different manner. But this is good for now. Bring the thread towards the tension disks and wrap it behind and to the front of the tension disks. That would be clockwise. As you pull around the disks and up, lay the thread inside the U-shaped tension spring and pull down against the spring. The thread is pointing towards you. Make sure the thread is between the disks and up against the spindle in the center of the disks. Go down and around the small L-shaped guide below, up and threaded towards you through the hole at the end of the take-up lever, down to the the curly pigtail just below--hold the top of the thread with one hand and below that with the other and spiral the thread into the pigtail--just a twist around. Or you can thread it until you get the hang of it. Now the pigtail below that and just above the needle gets the same treatment. You are now in position to thread the needle.

With the needle threaded, use an even pull to tug the thread through the needle. If it pulls really hard or won't move at all, loosen the top tension by turning the dial on the outside of the tensioner--counterclockwise to loosen and clockwise to tighten. Adjust--big turns are better than small until you get close to where the tension needs to be. Adjust until a pull on the thread through the needle makes that U-shaped tension spring deflect (move lower)--at rest it should be at "10" on the clock and with good tension it should be pulled to "8". The thread should pull smoothly through the eye.

Load a bobbin in the case so when the thread is pulled through the finger the case will spin clockwise. Insert the bobbin leaving maybe a three inch tail--you'll need to look to see how it inserts but soon you will find you can do it by feel--really!

Hold your top thread, needle down and up, and that should bring up your bobbin thread. Set your stitch length/speed and do some test stitching.

Tomorrow being a holiday I imagine you won't be able to get anyone until Tuesday. Try to get a live person on the phone--or look up Dawn's profile. Her contact phone number is under her signature.

Good luck and I hope this helps a bit and that I didn't make some mistakes. I'm not in my studio and am writing this by closing my eyes and threading an invisible machine in the air!

Linda, thank you so much for you help. I didn't have a chance to try it yesterday, I had grandkids all day. I am trying it again today.. after many tries and thread breaking, I returned to read your post again and think my bobbin was in worng. Oh my, such a small thing to keep us from progress. wish me luck. Thanks again for you help it was great help..

Archived