Stitching issue with batting

Hi all...I am very new to quilting on a longarm. And I have a question. I had to rip out some meandering stitching and am back at it. I changed my bobbin to match the top thread. It is Omni thread. Now that I am stitching again in the same place I ripped out the batting seems to be showing in the stitching on the backing of the table runner but not on the top. Any ideas on what the problem might be before I stitch anymore?? Thanks.

No I didn't take the batting out and put it back upside down. Should I? I thought maybe it was showing through the holes from the previous stitching but I tried stitching in a different location and its doing the same thing??? I'm frustrated. I changed my needle. I think it maybe called pokies on the back? Nothing shows on the top and it looks fine. Tension looks fine also?

Ann,

You can get pokies if the batting is in upside down but if you weren't getting them the 1st time then it would be odd that you're getting them now. Try loosening up your quilt sandwich a little and see if that helps. I've gotten pokies with Hobbs 80/20 and it seems to be the worst with solid more loosely woven backers. It is very frustrating. Try changing your thread combo and see if you still get the pokies. Just odd that didn't happen the first time but is the 2nd time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have some Omni thread, and I had issues like that, also. I found that where it was occurring there was a little slub on the thread. The Omni cones I have are not really smooth, but I've put them to good use for some of the mats I make for the vet pet beds. You may want to run some lengths of the thread between your fingers and see if you feel any slubs - it, too, may be the issue.

Archived