Where is the video for loading the back, top, and batting?

wilmaloo

Hi... I've searched everywhere and cannot locate a video to load the entire project. I recently purchased a 2011 Lenni. I rec'd the manual, I think I have the quilt (found a video from Manquilter in Canada to load the back) back and top loaded correctly, but the batting seems odd to me... I think it's odd that I have to really work to squeeze the batting between the two rollers so I would like to see the video just to check what I have done. Thank you so much if anyone can point me to a video.

Also I would like to see some complete pics/videos of the entire machine and table if anyone can direct me to them.

Thank you so much--

Happy Stitching :)

Hi Wilma,

Congratulations on your purchase! Hopefully this will help you- the video by Matt is a great place to start. He also 'live streams' from the studio. I quilt out of there and have to watch out when I walk into the studio!

Once your backing is loaded, place your batting down, close to the next bar past the take up bar, smooth it out, straighten it and run a line of stitching across the top to secure your batting.

Loosen your backing bar closest to you - the belly bar, accordian fold your batting and push under the bar just behind the belly bar and then over the belly bar so it hangs down. Smooth and straighten and tighten up the backing again.

Take your quilt top, place on the batting, use the line of stitching as a guude, straighten and smooth, measure if you need to - to keep the quilt top straight and square as you work down the quilt. (I straighten to the first border of the quilt, not to the edge of the quilt so your quilt stays square.)

Run a line of stitching at the top of the quilt to secure your quilt, then loosen your backing, accordian fold the quilt top and tuck under and over the bars closest to you. (I 'float' all my tops.) Then square each side of the quilt top and sitch down each side of the quilt. I stitch the sides as I advance the quilt.

I either leave batting and quilt top hang down on the floor or I fold it up and tuck it under the first bar past the belly bar. Other members of the forum have made a type of sling to hold the batting and quilt top.

With each advance I make, I give a smart tug to the backing on each side, a gentler tug to the each side and bottom of the batting, and smooth the batting out across the quilt, then I tug and smooth the quilt top out, squaring up each side and across any horizontal lines.

I am not sure where to find pictures of a fully set up Lenni, other than the website or any manuals/CDs you received with your machine. If you purchased from an APQS Dealer, they should be able to help you to, or other people on the forum may chime in here.

Hope this helps! Enjoy.

Joanne Flamand (aka wannabelongarm)

Artistic Quilt Design

Thank you so much Joanne!! I think I was struggling because I added the batting AFTER loading the top. So next one I'll go in this order: Backing-Batting-Top and see how I do... My first one (I call it my practice quilt), I loaded it Back-Top-Batting.

Thanks again!!

If you purchased your Lenni from an individual maybe she can give you the DVD that came with it. The Dvd was a lifesaver for me (had a Millie). On that DVD Dawn C. gives great in depth instructions on how to load quilt and other great tips. Or perhaps APQS can send you one. Becky.

Archived