More prayers for Elmer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ask the Lord to keep them both close to His heart, and carry them both thru this troubling time.

I ask peace of mind and heart for Cheri, and mending requests for Elmer.

I ask for them both to know that God does love them, and He only gives troubles to those

who He trusts to be strong enough to go through it all with total faith in Him.

Lord care for them gently and restore the marriage they once knew.

RitaR

I too just read Cheri post and was so encouraged to see progress with Elmers functions.  I am joining everyone in praying that he will become responsive today,  God is a might  and able and we need to pray with expectancy of his healing!  Praising God for what he has done and what he still will do!!

Yesterday was the 3 week mark.  Poor Cheri.  I can't imagine the roller coaster ride she is on.  I cannot believe they gave him the wrong meds yesterday.  I'm certain I don't ever want to go to that hospital.  I know stuff happens but it seems they have done a lot wrong.  Praying Elmer has the strength to come back from it all.  

Cheri, I read every day; but don't post much. My husband spent 30 days in an ICU trauma unit (very bad motorcycle accident) and I understand everything you are going through; almost same situations from problems with meds they hang to respiratory therapists; taking him down for tests and hand pumping his oxygen. Early on, I started keeping a daily log because when the new people come on they seem to get things juggled around and I could tell them EXACTLY what was going on and when. Your days get all mixed up in there, too. My husband had a head injury to which we didn't now the extent of; a bleed on the brain. His lungs were contused so badly he had to be on the respirator so essentially they had him in a morphine coma so he wouldn't pull his tubes out. He was unresponsive for days (weeks?) as well and it was just the morphine; so keep hope and faith. I too; just snuggled his face and talked to him and cried. I wish I could hug you; I re-live my own experience through your posts and it is heart wrenching. We are all praying for you, Cheri! We love you! Hang in there!

Cheri,

I don't post everyday, but throughout everyday I'm praying for you and Elmer and your family.  

Thank you for all your updated on Caring Bridge.  I think I'm one of many that check frequently to see if you have posted and how you and Elmer are doing.  

Hugs, 

Cheri, one of the first things I do each morning is to check Caring Bridge to see how the two of you are doing. I hope that as the drugs leave Elmer's system he will wake up and be his old self.  We are all here if you need us, we are just a few keyboard strokes away.  Take care of yourself.

Cheri,

I too am one of those who checks to see how Elmer is doing every day on caring bridge.  Please know that you both are being thought of and prayed for each and every day.  Like Heidi says, " I hope today is the day"  he wakes up and takes a turn for the better and healing and recovery.  We are all pulling for him!

Everyone on this forum means so much to me. You are all certainly special women.

I watched my first husband die from cancer but nothing in the world could have prepared me for the horror of this situation. The feelings of helplessness is the worst.

Elmer has not had any pain meds for 6 days now. They say he is "posturing" which means he turns his hands to the outside and makes a fist....not a good sign. More tests scheduled that should give us a clearer idea of what our next move will be.

I want him out of this hospital so badly.  I have no idea what is going on with his surgeon but she has not been here for 13 days. I have been told that she cannot make rounds or teach her classes but nobody will say why. Another doctor took her place finally. I don't trust many people in here though. Too many things have gone wrong. I keep remembering the surgeon coming out at 3:15 to tell me that surgery went perfect and he would be moved rather quickly to ICU. I couldn't go to recovery because of the flu epidemic. For 7 1/2  hours the lady at the desk kept telling me he was fine...just no room available in ICU. When he finally arrived in ICU he was so near death that they told me to call the family back.

How in the world did this happen? He fought so hard to get to have this surgery.

I'm sorry. I only intended to let everyone know how important you are to me.

oh cheri. that is so hard to hear. we are supposed to have confidence in our doctors...yet when they give us nothing to have that...we are lost. 

we are all here for you! good or bad...we will stand by your side no matter what. that means in good times, bad times, sad times or mad times! lean on us. 

i am praying that the test they are going to run for elmer shows no damage for the upper part of his brain.

i worry about you. hoping you are getting adequate rest and care. do not neglect yourself...as it is too easy to do. you are near and dear to my heart. you were there for me when my sven and taylor were so sick...i will be there for you in these times...as will the rest of your apqs family. 

Cheri,

There is no need ever to apologize and it is good for you to get it off your chest.  I wish there was more we could do for you but know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.  Please take care of yourself.  Remember we are your soft place to land.  (((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you both.

Cheri, I haven't posted yet, but feel and know your frustration with the doctors. Went through a similar situation with my Dad a few years ago.  Their version of "resting comfortably" and MY version were not even close !   I was so angry.

Hope things get better for you and YOU need to take care of yourself as well. 

Archived