More prayers for Elmer

Cheri, I hope you know how many people are sending up prayers for you and Elmer.  I visit this site and the caring bridge site frequently but I'm not able to post most of the time.  Your story has brought me to tears many times.  I haven't met you or Elmer but I feel I've shared your journey and your sorrow.  I can also feel through your posts what caring and lovely people you are.  Many prayers have been offered up for you and Elmer, for healing, for peace, for strength.  I so admire the courage you have shown throughout this ordeal.  May God continue to watch over you and bless you and help you through the rest of your journey.    Hugs and prayers for you, Elmer and your families.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheri,

I am so glad that you are surrounded by family and friends in this trying time. You are so right to want privacy to help Elmer through this transition. I pray that you, as well as Elmer, feel loved and supported as you do this important work. I have no real words, but know that my heart is with you.

Lynn

Cheri,

I just read your last caring brigde posting. Words cannot express how I feel for you and Elmer's family. You all will certainly be in my prayers as you enter this next phase of your life without your sweetheart by your side. I am so very sorry. 

You did right by bringing him home and i am glad that you were able to hold him one last time. if i can do anything, please know that i am here for you my sweet friend. My heart is torn right now and i am crying with you. 

Love and prayer to you and your family.  May God walk with you through the rough time ahead.  I will pray that your healing begin quickly and I wish you joy in your life again.  Elmer is in a good place now with no pain or hindrances.  He sounded like a lovely man and I just know he would want to see you smiling again soon.  Take care Cheri.   

Cheri,

God Bless you and your family and may you know the peace and love that Elmer has now, with his pain and suffering gone. I am certain he knew you were there with him all the way to the end. God give you the strength to continue on as Elmer would have wanted you to.

Debbie

Cheri, holding you in prayer for strength during this time. I cannot imagine the sorrow you feel and my heart is aching for you.  I am so glad that you had Elmer home with you and that you were able to hold him as he left this earth.  I have no idea what I can do so far away, but if you think of something, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for allowing us to go with you and Elmer on this journey. Through it all your strength and love has amazed me.  Elmer was a very special man and he was very blessed to have you as his companion, friend and love.

Archived