Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

Gator

I wish I was going! I am having a little cabin fever here in Iowa with another freezing rain storm coming. I wish I could go to all the shows my quilted garments go to...wouldn't that be cool!

I mailed a green and purple jacket and a cape outfit on Tuesday. Good luck,Vicki, on your quilt. The competition is fierce at this show!

Two of my quilts are in the show this year...my large and very yellow NY Beauty and a medium sized Amish style quilt.  Wish I could accompany them to the show and see all of your work as well.  I've never been or participated in this show before.  Is it a good one?  How's the venue?  Nancy in Tucson

It's a large Mancusso Show. It's more geared for piecer's then long arm. The competition is huge, so if you got into the show, you rock. I will look for your items and take pics, if I find them. They usually have a lot of vendors but there seems to be fewer each year. The Hampton, VA area is a great place to have a show, the covention center is huge and they serve a great buffet lunch each day of the show. If you don't recognize Hampton, it's about 15 minutes from Williamsburg and 4 hours from Washington DC. We have lot's of area quilt/fabric shops. Vicki, can give you her opinion.

Vicki, my plan is to be there all 4 days unless they tell me I can't have Thursday and Friday off. Can't wait to see your quilt!

Rita, good to see you to. No, haven't moved yet but I still want to bad. I work for the government and can't change jobs due to a hiring freeze and the "waiting game" on the defense budget. Guess, I'll keep trying to control my depression and "buy more fabric".

Looking forward to seeing you there Connie!  I have your ph# so I'll give you call when I get there, maybe we can eat lunch together?  I will be with another friend named Kathy who is going down with me from the "burg".  Nancy - I'll look for your quilt and Jennifer I'll look for your jacket and cape - I'll take pics and post them here when I get back!  It is a good show, like Connie says more about piecing than the quilting but better than the Dulles Expo show!  Vendors are ok, wish they would cater more to Longarmers too!  But I know that is what NEQF (MQX) is all about!

Hi Dell and Gator,

The "warning points" are just a part of the software program we use to host the forum. No one else can see them but you (or an administrator). Lots of diverse groups use this software to host their forums, and I expect a bunch of teenage gamers playing "World of Warcraft" may get a bit more rambunctious than quilters.:). I highly doubt that anyone would ever receive a warning from an administrator. Just ignore it.

Mrs. A and Jennifer...

WAY to GO! Hope your quilts and jackets do well at the show!

Angela, Vicki, and everyone else headed there....have fun and say Hi to the gang at the APQS booth.

Hi ladies, just saw this post, and am also going to the festival. Enjoyed the lunch we had together one year lets do it again. I will be down on Thursday thru Sunday! Congratulations on the quilts that were excepted. I will look them up and then be depressed that I can't quilt near that well. Gator, would you still have any circle lord boards for sale? I'm driving this year and could pick them up.

I too will be there, either Friday or Saturday, depending whether my sister can join me or not.  If I find out soon enough, I'd like to try to meet some of you.  I recognize Angela and her mom from Wish Upon in Raleigh.  They so graciously offered me the last sought after book off the shelf and put their name on the wait list.

I missed not being there the last few years.  It's the only show I get to regularly and enjoy being in the midst of all those wonderful people.

Have fun everyone!

Anita

I have an idea, when we have gone to MQX in the past, one of our members (Anne) made little blue ribbons that she left at the APQS booth and we all picked one up and pinned it onto our shirt/jacket and so it was easy to idenfify each other from the forum while walking around the show.  I don't know who has the booth this year but I wonder if I were to make some little ribbons again and leave them at the booth (if they don't mind), we could all pick up our ribbons and it would easier to identify each other at the show....

What do ya think?  Shall we do it?

Hi everyone. I won't be at the show tonight (Wednesday) but will be there bright and early Thursday morning. Is there a day and time you all would like to meet. The buffett lunch is usually pretty good. Sorry, I'm late but work has been crazy getting ready for the Federal Gov't Sequester. I'll have my cell, sometimes it takes me a few minutes to answer it: 757-650-2635. Angie, I got my super motors yesterday so will stop by to discuss installtion with you.

I just checked the winners list and I have a big smile on my face!!! My jacket Demure or Wow Wear won a 1 st place ribbon and a Judges Ribbon. I am puzzled about my cape that has a top and pants with it. It is a Full Ensemble

and it is listed as getting a 3rd place in the jacket, vest category. I am wondering if it is a miss type or there was a problem with the entry. I will have to e- mail the show. I am happy, just confused!

I hope everyone is having fun. We here in Iowa are waiting for a blizzard to come and we are leaving for Texas on Saturday! We just have to make it out or the storm path! I want 80 degree weather!!!

Congratulations Jennifer! 

Just wanted everyone who is going to the show that they can stop by the APQS booth and pick up one of these ribbons to wear and that is how we can spot each other during the rest of the show.  I will have them at the booth soon after the doors open tomarrow.  So excited to see everyone there!

8495143297_7a7758874d.jpg
IMG_1582 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

Such cute ribbons, Vicki...wish I were going.  My quilt ShapeShifter won the award for 'Best Interpretation of Theme' (in other words the judges liked my essay better than my quilt)     ;-)   There are some big names on the Winners' List so extra congrats to Jennifer for her ribbons!  Hope everyone has fun at the show.    Nancy in Tucson

Archived