Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival

Gator

I finally figured out why they moved my cape outfit to a different category! They considered it a Coat instead of an Ensamble. Boy am I glad they moved me and didn't disqualify me. I have been disqualified before and it really feels BAD!! Got excited about quilting a cape and went at it full bore. I didn't realize until it was almost done that it might limit the categories it could be entered in at shows since many of them say "Jacket" as a category. Well, I will have another story to tell when I give my Quilted Clothing trunk show in November!

Well, just got home from Mid-Atlantic and it was a great show!  Enjoyed talking to Angela at the APQS booth, now I think I need to upgrade to a newer Millie - so nice!!!  Dropped off the ribbons (made 25 of them) but never saw anyone else wearing one...Connie I called you at 12:15 but no answer or voice mail - so sorry I missed you and figured you must have been at work or just did not hear the phone, looked for you too...No ribbons for me this year and I looked for everyone's quilts but did manage to take a fews pics - sorry I missed taking pics of your quilts Nancy, but I did see them!  Beautiful!

Jennifer here are pics I got of your jacket and cape...

8499712222_5e7f4107f6.jpg
IMG_1587 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

8498607279_b2c833c7fe.jpg
IMG_1585 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

and yours truly...

8499712742_436825b25d.jpg
Mid Atlantic Quilt Festival by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

Thanks for posting the pictures, Vicki, I am really enjoying the forum on my new I-pad because I can check in from anywhere! I am in the truck going to Texas to see my Dad right now!

It is also fun to take a peek at the quilt shows my jackets get to go to but I don't! Your quilt is gorgeous! appliqué is my favorite! The competition is really tough at the big shows! Just getting juried in is a win to me!

I just got back from the show.  I tried the Bliss table for the first time.  Wow.  I took pictures of Jennifer's and Nancy A's jackets and quilts.  Send me a message with an email address and I will send them to you if you want.  Nancy A's prize winning quilt was the first quilt everyone would see going in the door for the show.  I saw a quilt by Robbi Joy Eklow.  It was so neat to look at up close and from a distance.  Of course seeing Marilyn Badger's quilt up close was wonderful.  I would say the quilts this year were quality over quantity.  Mary

Archived