does quilt path need a blissed table

i have a lenni with a steel table using an iq carriage.  could i run quiltpath if i wanted to computerise in the future?   i have been told in the past that i could run an iq but not quilt path.  is this still the case?  

if someone  from apqs would kindly clarify as i heard this may be something i have misunderstood.

thanks

Janette,

Quilt Path needs the horizontal wheels for the left/right movement as well as the front/back movement. Plus, the belts for Quilt Path bolt onto the table using positions that are found on the standard table or Blissed table but not the steel table. That is why you'd need to switch your Lenni over to either the standard table or the Bliss table.

Installing the belts on the standard or Blissed table is really very, very easy. 

Happy Quilting!

Sorry, Janette. I completely didn't understand the question. I still thought you were referring to Quilt Path.  I guess I needed more coffee today than I thought! Yes, you most certainly can put an IQ on a Lenni with a steel frame as long as you have the IQ/Lenni carriage (which you own). If you didn't have the Lenni/IQ carriage and you wanted to install IQ on a steel Lenni table then you'd need to buy the IQ/Lenni Carraige. So... your Lenni is ready to accept an IQ but to accept a Quilt Path you'd need the standard table or Bliss table. 

*WHEW*

I hope that was clear. :) let me know if I left something out and sorry about the confusion. I think I've been moving faster than my brain most of today.

IQ doesn't have drive belts so I think that's just a typo and she meant to say quilt path not IQ! I'm sure there are IQs on Lennis,ask Mandy or on the IQ yahoo group.

Yvette

Yes, it was a typo. I've been bouncing back and forth between IQ and Quilt Path a ton lately and I think my little noggin' is spinning. :)

Quilt Path uses belts and IQ uses friction drive wheels. Lenni's on the steel table can have an IQ but will need to buy the IQ/Lenni carriage to do so. Lenni's who want Quilt Path must be on a standard table or a Blissed table. 

And there are plenty of Lenni's with IQ. There will soon be plenty of Lenni's with Quilt Path too! It is so great that we have so many choices!

Archived