Hand Applique Quilt

I have been busy this week working on custom quilt and thought I would share the final results.  My client does beautiful hand applique and I wanted those designs to shine so quilted different feather motifs in each block and then pebbled the rest of the background. I keep the sashing and borders designs simple to keep the cost down and was happy with how flat the quilt was in the end even though the blocks were densely quilted.

I have close up pictures of each block on my blog if you want to see more.

post-3485-0-16931900-1360766491_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-95821900-1360766615_thumb.jpg

post-3485-0-87927700-1360766645_thumb.jpg

I really like the way you have quilted this applique quilt, it is nice to see something a little different.  I particularly like the dragonfly block.  I read on your blog about the book you do each year, what a great idea.  I am sure that you would have lots of takers if you were to offer them for sale.  In addition to the lovely quilts your photographs are always so interesting!

I really like the way you have quilted this applique quilt, it is nice to see something a little different.  I particularly like the dragonfly block.  I read on your blog about the book you do each year, what a great idea.  I am sure that you would have lots of takers if you were to offer them for sale.  In addition to the lovely quilts your photographs are always so interesting!

Sue the one thing I didn't mention on that blog post about the book is the price...which was about $90 to print!    :o   So I doubt anyone would want to buy one at that price.

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments about the quilt and quilting. It truly is a team effort!

Archived