MQX Midwest

I just received an e-mail from MQX about the New England show.  I noticed that future dates for the shows are also given in the e-mail.  It mentions a show in Illinois in September, 2014:

MQX Quilt Festival - Midwest 2014

The Crowne Plaza Hotel
3000 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, Illinois

Classes begin Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Public Quilt Show: September 25-27

Admission $12 per day, good for all show days

I wonder if this is a replacement for the show that has been held in October in Portland, Oregon.  If the Portland show is to be held in the usual time period in 2014 it would mean that there would be two MQX shows very close together which sounds unlikely.

Anyone heard anything?

I haven't heard anything and hope there will be three shows. You notice they didn't list a schedule for MQX East for Spring of 2014 either? 

One thing I do know is the Oregon Convention Center in Portland mandated a several-year contract with the organizers before they were booked for the first Festival in 2011. Maybe it was only for three years and they have reconsidered the venue.

Linda Stellar is a long-time friend of the organizers. Maybe she knows the scoop?

It looks to me like the New England show (MQX East) stays the same through 2015. While MQX West or Pacific Northwest show is in Portland in 2013 and 2015 BUT the 2014 show is only in Springfield with the name of Midwest Quilt Festival. How intriguing ! That would be closer to me here in Iowa! Maybe I could go!

It is my understanding that the show in the midwest will be rotated with the Portland show - every other year in Portland/every other year in Illinois. I also know that Janet Lee and Mary are looking to add a show in the south and I think that will rotate with the New Hampshire show every other year. Janet Lee posted about this on her Yahoo group and on MQResources several weeks ago.

Archived