extension cords

sewingpup

Hi,

I want to get a shorter extension cord for my Lucey but I can not find what the amph rating should be....I remember reading somewhere when I first got her...but I can't find the reference...I know I need a 3 pronged one...does anyone know....thanks...Lin

Thanks Dawn and Edie,

yep..I am talking about an extension cord...my only outlet in this basement room ( I know, house built in the 40's) is located on the wall behind the freehand side of the machine where I probably will mainly work so I am thinking my best option is to declare one end of the frame as a "no walk" zone and run the extension cord from the surge protector along the wall and around that end and bring it up to the back of the machine somewhere in the center of the frame and plug that into the cord...hopefully, in that position it will not create drag and I won't be tripping on the cord.  I used a 25 foot heavy duty cord when I first got her...but I have plenty of cord so am going to get a shorter one (besides that...I can use that other outdoor rated cord soon as all this snow melts outside.  yah!  oh no, the warmer sunny shining days will soon compete with Lucey! ) I still have limited practice on her but have been working deligently completing tops so I have a pile to do....I am on quilt top 6, with another one cut out ready to stitch and a king one to do for nephew after that...I also have several wall hanging types around here too...so once I get that lesson in...I will be ready to roll....Lin

Archived