Miniature Heirloom Whole Cloth Finished!

Just finished this early this evening - I'm so happy with it!  Definitely some things I will do differently next time, but over all I am really tickled.  It is still wet from removing the markings so it's a bit see through still.

Yesterday I bought enough muslin to make a king size whole cloth for my bed...I think I'm hooked!   :)

8698015256_366fae191d.jpg

8696892433_fc095d3a56.jpg

8698016770_997a64f948.jpg

8696893795_17a156c668.jpg

8696892871_1fa03dc8f6.jpg

Thank you guys!!!  I had so much fun with this.  I really learned a lot about designing one of these.  I'm so glad I did a mini before jumping right into the big one - I think it will be even better because I've learned what pops and what really doesn't...also what is easier to stitch with the machine I have!  ;)  We had a rough go at first by I love my long arm!

Don't admire what I do too much. I'm so-so on a good day. Check out the yucky feathers in my please help post. Just can't seem to get the hang of them when I stitch a wavy spine in a larger border and then quilt the feathers if they are too long. I wanted to take them out and then the client called and wondered if I was done? And I was just starting and already wanting to rip them out! LOL

Your quilting is beautiful!  I completely understand your struggles with large feathers - I don't think it's you - I have come to the conclusion that feathers are easier on a smaller scale.  My large feathers look crazy.  I think it's harder to "feel" your way back to your starting point - the spine.  It has helped me to do densely packed bump bump feathers for larger feathers and to mark them first.  I just cannot for the life of me quilt larger feathers free hand!

Don't admire what I do too much. I'm so-so on a good day. Check out the yucky feathers in my please help post. Just can't seem to get the hang of them when I stitch a wavy spine in a larger border and then quilt the feathers if they are too long. I wanted to take them out and then the client called and wondered if I was done? And I was just starting and already wanting to rip them out! LOL

Archived