Is anybody up for a swap?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janice, love the theme of the palm tree in keeping with the beach theme. I hadn't thought of a tree! 

Oma, how cute that embroidery design is!

Cathy, those pinwheels look like palm trees, so cute! Do you mind sharing where to get the design?

Anette, good idea to do a sun! Oh my, I saw a beautiful New York beauty-type block that would make a cute sun.

Colette, love the kite, so cute! And the flying geese tails are adorable!!!

So many cute, fun choices! Now I'm not sure which I want to do! LOL

I agree, perhaps wait till end of the month and if all the blocks are not in by then.. send what you have out.  It really isn't fair to you and everyone else, to make them wait for those that didn't get their blocks done and mailed out.

I agree with Laura. If possible Teresa, could you wait until the end of the month. Because you are a teacher, I realize the pressure you are under to get ready for the new school year (I'm retired, but I remember!). But, if we could wait until the end of the month, it might be enough time for everyone to get their blocks in. Just sayin'.

As one of the slowpokes let me chime in. I think it's totally Theresa's call as to whether or not she wants to go ahead and get these sent out. I would rather take responsibility for getting my blocks to each of you than to see her inconvenienced any further. I promise everyone will get a block with some ready now if some folks are in a hurry to get started on their finished product. It's been slow going on this second round - having some health issues that limit the time I can piece. But they are really cute.

post-3835-0-43142000-1376510008_thumb.jpg

I will mail them out at the end of the month. I will move them from the top of the quilt machine table to the spare bedroom so I can get these quilts done.  I haven't had a lot of time to do much of anything. We've been back to work since July 29th and I've worked several 12 or 13 hour days in that time, plus working on school stuff at home.  Our school is on the "LIST" so we have to do a bunch of extra stuff, both at school and at home. 

Just an update.  Still waiting for 2 sets of blocks. I will lay out the ones I have and take a picture tomorrow so you can get ideas for sashings, setting blocks, etc.

I'm also going to have Nevaeh go ahead and piece and quilt hers, without the additional two blocks. I want to be sure she meets the entry deadline for the juvenile category.

HELP!!

If you kept one of your own blocks, please post your name and what your block was. Sorting these is turning out to be a nightmare because some people sent 21 and some sent 22.

I am still waiting for the last ones to arrive, but thought I'd get them ready to go out as soon as those arrive.

No, she didn't come down this weekend. 

I'm going to send everybody all the blocks I have. You may not get your own back because several did not send 22.

Also, Oma, there was no unsigned umbrella block, so I put a signed on in your pouch.

There are also a couple of 12 or 12 1/4" blocks, and there is one less than 12".  Sorry about that. You'll just have to add around the edge or trim them all down, or use creative setting methods.

If there are any shortages I will take them out of the blocks for me, so you should all receive at least 21 different blocks (plus your own if you sent it).

I don't understand all the confusion. I thought the directions were very clear. 

Corey's adorable little changing room blocks did not make it into the picture. :(

Totally my fault.

Trust me when I tell you they are awesome and you will love them :D

Also, the blocks are VERY wrinkled. (Some of them have been living in those envelopes since the first week of June.

If I get time I will try to press them.  If not I will just have to mail them as they are.  It depends on what this week at work brings to me :wacko:

Sorry, I'm in a "face" mood tonight I guess.

Archived