shirleyl

Marilyn Badger lost Hartley

This is what Marilyn wrote on face book:

My Hero; the love of my life; my biggest fan slipped away Monday evening while I was holding his hand and reading the log he wrote of our honeymoon 35 years ago. I know he could hear me because he waited to go until I had finished reading to him, told him how much I will always love him and what a hero he was to his daughter and me. He helped make longarm quilting what it is today with all the invaluable accessories he manufactured beginning in 1995 when longarm quilting was frowned upon by most of the quilting world. Without his accessories I absolutely would not be able to do the quilting I do today. He served in the submarines during World War II and Korea, was an engineer for 34 years, skippered a yacht for 6 years and was a building contractor for 8 years before starting our longarm manufacturing business in 1996. He was truly of that Greatest Generation. With all of that, he made me laugh every day we were together. I really got lucky!

I'm so sorry for her lost and she and her family are in my prayers!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

I had heard he was ill for some time. A very talented man ; what a wonderful couple. He will truly be missed. God bless you Marilyn, you are in our prayers.

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

He such a lovely man. I visited with Marilyn and Hartley in their home 3 years ago. Prayers go out for Marilyn and her family. He will certainly be missed. 

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

Marilyn.  I am so sorry for your loss. 
I needed a part for my Hartley Fence so I called.  He told me what I needed and would send it right away.  I said, "How much is it?  I will send you a check."  He told me he would just include an invoice in  the shipment and I could send the check after I received the part.  I was surprised.  No one does that these days.  It was a pleasure to talk with him.  He gave me some good advice.  It is great  you could share your life with such a nice man.   

Marilyn, God has blessed you with a wonderful man. Oh how he will be missed.  Of course we are all saddened by the loss of him.  My thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel this new journey.

Ginny

Virginia Snowden

So sorry to hear of this great loss!  Great husbands are diamonds and given to us by God above!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Thank you for sharing about him. I did not know that he had done so many wonderful things for our country in addition to his gifts to the longarm quilters of the world.  You are in my prayers.

Beth Durand

Elizabeth Originals Custom Quilting

www.eocquilting.com

beth@eocquilting.com

2006 APQS Millenium

Authorized APQS Dealer

Marilyn, as you tread into this new territory, I pray that you find peace. Losing someone that is your everything, is beyond difficult. There are hills and valleys ahead that you will have to navigate on your own; but remember, both Hartley and God will be watching over you. 

Cheri Blevins

2009 Millie ~ Quiltazoid equipped

http://bitsandpiece.weebly.com

eblevins3@frontier.com

Prayers and hugs for Marilyn and family.  So sorry for your loss.

Judi Burr Customworks by Judi judib@gvtc.com  FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY Author Unknown