Stitch Regulator on new Freedom not stopping & stitching small stitches

Hi,

I am hoping someone maybe able to help. I have installed my new Freedie with bliss and quilt glide. I am finding the stitch regulator will not stop stitching when I pause the movement of the machine. The machine keeps stitching and naturally the thread breaks. On counting the stitches the machine is stitching 11 stitches when I have the machine set at 7. Another count the machine is stitching 16 when I have the machine set at 11. I also have read and check that quilt glide is not engaged.

Kind Regards

Marie Sutton

Australia

Hi Nigel,

Yes the machine stops as soon as I hit the button and the up/ down function is working quite good. Yes normally I set the machine at what I think looks good too, as I feel the machines do vary a little but these stitches are very small and at no time when I pause the machine will it stop stitching, one would think i had quilt glide engaged but the red light is off and when I turn it on the machine feels a little different and smoother.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers Marie

Australia

You were up early! Congrats your new machine has arrived.

I was going to suggest that the Quilt Glide was still on - but you have checked that.The machine does stitch smoother with quilt glide on for the finer detailed work.

Double checked all the connections to the encoder boxes, the transformer too? 

Do you have the grounding wire hooked up for the Bliss carriage or is there a new type of grounding connection?

Hi Lyn,

Yes I am an earlier bird. A little excited as well to have a new machine. :) I have made a change to the stitch length. Amy emailed some instructions through. so the stitch length is good. but the regulator still will not stop when I pause the machine. You mentioned something about a grounding wire. I am unaware of any grounding wire, not sure what you mean. I have notice that the machine will pause if I disconnect the carriage encoder. Naturally it's only stitching vertical at this time, but stopping when I pause the movement of the machine.

Kind Regards

Marie Sutton

Australia

www.myquiltingboutique.com au

Marie,

Can you tell us if your machine does stop with any of the sewing motor buttons on the four handles? I would like to eliminate the possibility that one of the handle switches has a problem.

I have also copied Mike, our engineer, and Amy in on this forum post so that she can once again respond to you. It is also possible that the circuitboard needs a slight recalibration now that it is hooked into your specific power, Marie. Amy can walk you through that.

Keep her posted about the switches so we can help.

Hi Dawn,

Checked all four buttons and all working. The machine is stitching very smooth and stopping anytime I press a stop button but shows no sign of stopping if I was to pause stitching. I did have to turn the #8 screw to start with as the machine was over cycle when pressing the single stitch button but has not missed a beat since adjusting it. I have quilted for around 2 hours today and she (little no name lol) has ran very smooth otherwise.

Cheers Marie

Australia

www.myquiltingboutique.com.au

Hi Dawn,

Hoping you can help. I have quilted over the week end and have found the stitch regulators starts as soon as I press the start button with no pause and it is not slowing down much at all when I slow the movement of the machine. I am founding the length of the stitches vary depending on how fast I move the machine rather than where I have the machine stitch length set. What I have also observed, this is happening when the carriage encoder is plugged in. If I only have the head encoder plugged in the stitch regulator works as it should.

Hoping you can help.

Marie Sutton

Australia

www.myquiltingboutique.com.au

Archived