Compass Star finished at last

Thanks for the advise on how to cope with the outside border to get this finished.  I am now ready to hand all 3 of this customer's quilts over and she has finally returned to VT to collect them

Compass Star and Diamond Star are both about 52" square, the Bethlehem Star is 90" square.

post-1527-0-74741600-1371992903_thumb.jpg

Anyone have a bathtowel??  I'm drooooling.    :D    Love that Diamond Star with a lot of white background. 

Just curious, what size crosshatch did you stitch??

Congrats!

Rita

Rita,  Sorry I didn't answer before.  I'm on the board of the Vermont Quilt Festival which we volunteers run.  It was 18 hour days for us for the last 9 days so today is my first catch up on the Forum!

The cross hatch must have been about 1.75/2" apart.   The customer is always very insistent on the quilting being the last/least thing you see.  I used Linda Rech's Cross hatching bars for the first time.  I need much more practice but they were a great help!

INCREDIBLE - love your color-ways!

I would love to see a close up of those borders!

Thanks for sharing,

Cathy,  thanks.  She always wants the thread colors to disappear into the quilt and not distract from the piecing which is what I would choose if these were my quilts too.

I'm having trouble posting the border pics as I seem to be over the KB size.  I changes the pixel size but it's not changing the KB size.....grrrr :(

I see so many who use Flicker, and are real happy with it. They say it is quite simple to use and transfer into or out of, and works here on the forum easily.

It is my goal today since Webshots Ate so many of my picts, rudely I must say, I am not only saving to disk but to make it easy to post picts, I'm also leaving them in the Flicker program.  Hope I like it as much as others.

Rita

Archived