wall hanging update

Bonnie in Ok

Well here is what I came up with for this wall hanging. Not a show stopper but turned out okay since it was free. Have a question for the back. I thought the tension was okay but with little dots of color from the thread on front perhaps not. Am I correct in thinking I could have adjusted my tension top/bottom and avoided the color showing? It seems to be mostly where I stopped or started. :mellow:

post-3641-0-71833100-1373577753_thumb.jpg

post-3641-0-17635000-1373577769_thumb.jpg

post-3641-0-27709900-1373577789_thumb.jpg

Looks nice, Bonnie.  I'm not much help on tension issues, but looks like it was pulling more towards the back.  Depends on how thick the batting is, too, if those pesky dots on the back show up.  This is why a lot of people use the same color of thread top and bottom.

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to show everyone my new thread shelves. They were very inexpensive, $5.49 per shelf plus about 50 cents for the dowels to hold the bobbins. Each shelf holds 16 cones across, two deep. I added tiny dowels in front of each cone to hold the extra bobbins. I could, and may, put the shelves a little closer together and add a 6th shelf. I painted them red to match my new painted stairs. So far I love them.. I had the cone storage racks but always had to be very careful taking the cones off so I wouldn't knock off other cones.

Beautiful.. was it a panel? Can't see applique..

angeleddie, I can't post picts here either.. they say go to Flicker or

one other photo site, using Heidi M's tutorial.. Maybe under Heidi Quilts..

The shelves sound great, similar to what my hubby made me.

Good luck posting a pict

Rita

As far as the tension goes... I might have tightened the top tension a bit more to help pull the dark thread up.  However this is fairly common problem when you have a white backing and a dark top.  I think I would have matched the thread colors even though the dark thread on the white backing would really stand out it would give the back a lovely design element too.

Your wall hanging is lovely.

Archived