Automatic quilt advance

Is this available on the Lenni? I had the opportunity to play on a Milli today and I believe that it is just too big for me. I am 5' 2" and it seems like the reach would become uncomfortable in time. But I really want that auto fabric advance.

Vicki in Colorado

Power fabric advance can only be added to Millie and Freedom, Vicki. But you might find that shorter women than you quilt on Millies without a problem. Start another thread here on the forums and find out!

On the other hand, there are LOTS of Lenni owners who manage just fine without the power advance....

Either way, you're looking in the right place!

Here's what a lot of potential buyers don't look at. The Lenni has a 20" throat with upright handles. The Millennium has a 26" throat, BUT has handles that extend out 6". So really, the reach to the back of the quilting space is the same. You are always going to have better control of the machine for freehanding when the handles are closer to you, but when doing long ruler work, or when quilting from the pantograph side, the extra 6" can be an advantage. As the quilt is rolled onto the takeup roller, you lose some of the quilting depth. This can limit the size of pantographs you use, or the number of rows you can quilt before advancing the quilt.

Just another opinion from someone who has owned both 20" and 26" machines.

I am 5'3 and have a 13 inch machine (mid arm) and now have the Millie with the 26" . The most important things for me was the leveling bar (love Love Love this) and the space to do king size quilts. Know that I have my first quilt on the frame right now, but I Love my Millie. I have the lift so when I am working at the back of the machine, (which I will be doing most of the time, because I can not draw; a big flaw I know, just can't)  I can raise the machine so my old eyes can see what I am working on.(Don't forget to tighten your laser light). Also I LOVE the thread break and the bobbin low alarms and the bottom thread cutter pretty much sealed the deal for me. Also the weight of the machine was a concern. I was ready to order a Handiquilter Fusion until I tried the Millie. There is a difference of about 25 pounds, with having major back surgery and neck issues, I really had to consider if I could handle a larger machine. I am NOT sorry for ordering the Millie. I doubled my budget, but so glad I got what I wanted. I will not ever have to upgrade because I got what I wanted. APQS is so there for us and I have no doubt that I will have many years of making beautiful projects and hopefully a keepsake for someone in my family when I no longer walk this earth.

Archived