Doodlebug's 30's Block Exchange Quilt

arwing

Just returned home from preview night at the Iowa State Fair. We got a blue ribbon on the 30's Block Swap quilt I entered. It also won the Warren County award. I'm so thankful for all the awesome blocks I received that made this possible.I can't remember (or find) who posted this setting variation on the forum, but I thought it was perfect to make it king size. I'll get a better picture later this week. I didn't bring my camera along tonight.Thanks ladies!!!

post-1457-0-86056200-1375926875_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! I will look for your quilt on Saturday when we go to the fair. Our new camper is there and waiting for us in the campground. A whole week of a great fair! I am also working in the Des Moines Quilters charity sewing room on Tuesday afternoon. We have sewing machines set up and lots of people stop by and sew, quilt, and bind quilts for children. We finish hundreds of them. It is fun to help all ages of people quilt.

Beautiful quilt! I pieced mine together like Corey so I didn't have to match the "points" (thanks Corey!) but have been clueless with what I wanted to do with the border. I love what you did with your border and love that panto (Bountiful Feathers?). Congrats on the ribbon!!!

Congratulations! I will look for your quilt on Saturday when we go to the fair. Our new camper is there and waiting for us in the campground. A whole week of a great fair! I am also working in the Des Moines Quilters charity sewing room on Tuesday afternoon. We have sewing machines set up and lots of people stop by and sew, quilt, and bind quilts for children. We finish hundreds of them. It is fun to help all ages of people quilt.

Thanks! We have been camping so far all fair. I have to work for a couple of days but am planning on spending some time in the charity room on Wednesday, and back to the camper for the remainder of the fair.

Beautiful quilt! I pieced mine together like Corey so I didn't have to match the "points" (thanks Corey!) but have been clueless with what I wanted to do with the border. I love what you did with your border and love that panto (Bountiful Feathers?). Congrats on the ribbon!!!

thanks Bonnie! That is Bountiful Feathers. I love how it stitches out.

Archived