MQX Portland dinner Thursday night-please RSVP here

I'll take on the task of making a reservation for our Thursday night (October 10th) dinner at Stanford's at Lloyd Center. We met there last year.

Please respond here if you can attend and if you'll have extra people with you. I'll make the reservation for 6 o'clock and let the restaurant know that some people will be later than that. It worked well last year when we had people coming at staggered times. Easier on the kitchen. 

I'll call tonight to reserve the room and give them a total head count later.

Can't wait to see everyone!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Janice, you definitely don't have to be an APQS owner to be part of our group!!!  We have all types of machines, and even quilters who haven't yet decided on their machine, so feel free to join us for dinner!  The more, the merrier..... ;)

I'd love to meet some new friends for dinner, so count me in! Class finishes at 5. How does one get to Lloyds?

While the MQX subject is up, I've signed up for classes, dont have a room yet and am looking for a roommate to share with in a safe area. I'll be flying in and dont know Portland at all!

Can anyone help?

Cheers, Anne

Hi Anne. Check the MQX site, where I believe they have a contact for students looking to share rooms.

There are light rail trains that run from the airport to downtown, so if you find a room near the Convention Center your transportation will be easy. When your room is set, check the Max light rail website to familiarize yourself with the system and see when and where the train will pick you up. It's cheap and safe transport, even with your luggage. 

Lloyd Center is one stop east of the Convention center so hop on and ride a short time and you're there. Several in the group will have cars so you can post as the time gets closer that you'd like a ride to the restaurant. It's still light in the early evening and last year several people walked. But best to hitch a ride back to your hotel. That shouldn't be a problem.

It'll be great to meet everyone!

Anne, there is a chance you may be able to have my half of the room Heidi P and I have reserved.  Our district is talking about making the teachers work on Common Core the week our students are out for fall break. In the past the teachers have always been off, too.  This government run education system is the pits, let me tell you.

The reservation is made for 6pm for Thursday October 10th at Stanford's Restaurant. Located at Lloyd Center, one light rail stop east of the Convention Center. With good weather it's a nice walk. If it's raining, those with cars can transport to and from. As the time gets close I'll post a place to meet to catch a ride.

Total diners is now 24! It's going to be great to meet up.

Thanks, Linda, for organizing the dinner! I can't wait to meet so many quilting heros!

My plans have changed a bit. My DH is driving up with me and "dropping " me off at my son's house in Northwest Portland, and then driving north to do business in Washington. So I will not have a car after all, and will be taking the bus/ train to the show. A ride to dinner would be great, but i can do the train also, sounds easy. Unless someone with a car is going to NW Portland after, i will take a cab to get home.

And I will be there on Wednesday, which I am happy about!!

Archived