millie stitch regulator acting up

ninjaquilter

I turned on my Millie and started quilting with the stitch reg. on ...went smooth for a few seconds then I seem to feel loss of power blips... That's the only way I can describe it. Machine did not shut off but stitch reg. seem to slow way down. Ended up with really long stitches....HELP. I've had the machine for a few years and this a first.

Check the plug-ins to your stitch regulator.  Also check to see if the encoder wheel is tight against the rail. I had some long stitches a couple of months ago.  My husband checked all those things and he also checked the wires to the plug ins to make sure none had broken.  I've not had any problems since then.  We are going to order an new set of wires for the stitch regulator to keep on hand.  You can always talk to the techs at APQS.  They will help you diagnose the problem and give you the solution.

My stitch regulator started acting up so I followed the APQS instructions for adjusting the encoder wheel. My first attempt was just to try to make it tighter, but that didn't work. So I did it again, changing the position, meaning that I moved the encoder wheel/box so that it met the wheel in a different place, and that fixed the problem.

Carol

Archived