Turbo Bobbin Winder issue also

I have a heck of a time with it, too.  I finally decided to unplug it, get it set up and when I am ready to wind the bobbin, then all I have to do is plug it in.  I was starting to feel like a weakling or that my fingers were too short, but the plugging and unplugging works for me. 

I find it impossible to hold the thread AND push the lever. I finally started hand-winding some thread onto the bobbin so that the end is secure, then cutting the end, then putting the bobbin on the spindle and pressing the lever. I have gotten quite proficient with this method.

I had not tried either of the other suggestions, will do so the next time I am winding.

I have done a couple different methods.  One was the winding thread on before starting.  The other is to pull a long thread tail through the hole so I can hold it while pushing the lever. To clip the thread tail I have just held it close to my open scissor blade and it cuts itself, the other way is to pull the thread tail to the side while it is winding and it will cut/break itself off while it is winding.  I have found that my lever is easier the more I use it.  Now it is not at hard to push as it started out.

• 10 months later...

Ok guys here we go. For those you that are mechanically inclined, you'll need this. Standard in the wall single light switch box, matching face plate, a plug with a single on/off switch, a 2 to 3 foot length of electrical cord and a male plug. The instructions for making the on/off switch run the plug are inside the box. All you have to do now is drill a hole through the light switch box a fish the wire through it. To prevent electrical cord chaffing use hot glue around the cord in the hole or a right size wire grommet. Install the male plug on you have an extension cord with an on/off switch, or you can ask the guys at the hardware store if they have something similar. Zeke

Archived