Used Intellistitch

Well, that is an interesting question.  I believe that the motor is totally changed out on the machine to accommodate the Intellistitch.  So I wonder if removing the Intellistitch you would even have a machine that would work?  I have never seen a used Intellistitch being sold.  I would contact Intellistitch and ask them.  You can google for their web site and contact info

Marti:  The Intellistitch is NOT something that you can move from machine to machine.  They are made for specific machine models.  The entire machine is rewired.  If the machine  does not have a Groschopp 8014 motor (my Ult2 did not, while my Gammill Classic did). they replace the motor with one.  Sensors are put on the main shaft of the machine so the software can reference the stitching, and all new switches, sometimes in different places, are installed.

If you were to remove all the necessary hardware (a difficult job to say the least), it would only fit the same model machine it came off.  These are real stitch regulators, not the kind of stuff some of the DSM conversions tout as stitch regulators.  They are not add ons.  Think of the job as being similar to removing the stitch regulation system from a Millie, and putting it on a Gammill.  If you had an Intellistitch regulated machine, to use it, in a different longarm system, you'd have to switch the entire head, and then modify the encoder mounts and cables to fit the new table.

The only way you can have your machine feature an Intellistitch stitch regulator, is to have one of Kasa's technicians install it for you.  It is NOT a do it yourself job.  The cost to have one of their installers come to your home and put the system on your machine, is $3200, or at least that's what it was when I had mine done. It's $2950 for the system and $250 for travel.  The system cannot be removed from another machine without rendering that machine useless.

I hope this helps clear up some of the questions you have about the Intellistitch stitch regulation system.  As I said earlier, I have one on both of my machines, and really like them.  They allowed me to continue using perfectly good unregulated machines but with the added benefit of being stitch regulated.  If you don't have the money now, save for it.  Nolting use them as their factory stitch regulators, as did several other manufacturers before they developed their own regulation system.  They are as good a regulation system as almost anything that is offered by any of the longarm manufacturers.  Jim

Marti:  Yes, you can fit a used computer system to your Millie (or Ult1 for that matter).  Intelliquilter comes to mind immediately.  A Compuquilter could also be fit.  There was one for sale a few weeks back on this forum.  I think Zeke said hardware could be bought that would fit a used Compuquilter to a different length table, or even a different make machine.

I know there are also lesser computer systems that can be fitted as well.  They are less expensive (and I imagine less sophisticated as well) and you'll see them from time to time.  I think one is called a Rainbow, but I might be confusing that with a vacum LOL.  Jim

Archived