Invisifil Thread - hints on using?

I have found that if you loosen up your bobbin tension - to where there is virtually no tension...then set your top tension to match the bottom, Invisifil runs well for me.  Even in my ancient Ultimate 1 without stitch regulation.  I have found with the more delicate threads that the breakage issues have more to do with setting the tension too tight to begin with for the thread.  I truly believe this is why some people struggle with Glide thread too...it needs a lighter tension.  You can have PERFECT locking stitches even with the thread too tight...the key is having just the right amount of pull from the tensioners on the thread to get nice locking stitches but not so much strain on the thread that it breaks.

I just finished a quilt where the entire background was stitched with invisible thread.  I didn't enjoy it one bit.  I kept looking for texture and all I could see was needle holes and the tiniest bit of sheen once in awhile.  I used whatever Superior sells and invented my own horizontal thread holder.  I can see using this for stitching around applique but other than that.....give me something I can see for all my work!!! :wacko:

Archived