NQR Funny for the day

One of my best friends Daughter's was getting married and we went to GA for the blessed event.  I made the cake and cupcakes and had a blast being her "Fairy Godmother."  Friday was an absolutely beautiful day and this was the sunrise that I watched and actually didn't at all mind being up for...lets just say I'm not really a morning person.  

10407578235_53edab548b.jpg
IMG_0457 by merrih2, on Flickr

So I helped get the bride in her dress and got it all laced up for her and she was stunning.  She and her now hubby decided that they would do pictures before the ceremony, new thing apparently.  They were supposed to do the 1st reveal upstairs in a beautiful room of windows but decided they wanted to do it outside by the pool.  The house my friend rented was to die for!  So I was dubbed the Fairy Godmother and it was my job to make sure her dress was fluffed and laying perfect for pictures.  I dutifully stood by the photographer ready to rearrange when needed.  Here is a picture to proof I was behaving.  You might also notice how close I am getting to the pool.  

10407569254_4eb548b9a6.jpg
before by merrih2, on Flickr

Well I wanted to make sure that I didn't obstruct the photographer for the great reveal and stepped a little more out of the way.  All of a sudden I realized that there was no firm hard ground under my feet and down I went!  
10407569874_848e61e9fa.jpg
after by merrih2, on Flickr

I was mortified!  My best friend asked me if I was ok and I said, "Yes." and tried my best to get out of the pool without anybody seeing me.  LOL fat chance of that!  My friend then asked me if I got my hair wet, which was all done up.  I hadn't gotten dressed yet because I had to go to the reception and set up the cake and cupcakes.  Whew!  No my hair wasn't wet.  She then doubled over in a fit of laughter.  For a second I thought she was going to fall in with me.  Now imagine that the groom did NOT open his eyes but he said he so wanted to.  What a moment.  It will definitely go down as one of my most embarrassing.

All turned out great and the rest of the reveal, ceremony and reception were perfect.  Here is a picture of the beautiful bride and groom cutting the cake.

10407775454_7450c04d69.jpg
IMG_0530 by merrih2, on Flickr

Heidi I have to say I view the forum everyday but don't chime in much but this one made my day. First sorry that happened to you but oh my goodness you made me laugh and still laughing. That would be something I would do. LOL Everything looks wonderful and for all their years they will remember how far you went to make this day perfect. Thanks for sharing

I'm glad to provide you with your humor for the day.  I have to be able to laugh at myself.  My friend thought it was hilarious and thanked me for providing the humor.  The bride and groom also thought it was hilarious.  I still can't believe I actually fell in.  Not much else I can do but laugh about it.  There is not a video of the fall, otherwise I'm sure there would be a utube out there!  I was happy to take one for the bride and I sure am glad it wasn't her in the pool!

Heidi, I can feel for  you.  So sorry it happened, and glad you weren't already dressed for the wedding.

Seems like someone could have gotten you a towel from the pool-side supply.  Geesh, kick them!

Hugs lady, it is just soo funny.

Rita

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were not hurt!!!! :lol:  :D  :P  :rolleyes:  :blink:  :wub:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:   That is just my kinda of luck.  You made me laugh so hard (something I don't do often), my husband came to see what was making me laugh.  Sorry for the laughter!!! Work has been so stressful I just need this today.  You are such a blessing.  Thanks again for sharing.

Archived