New to APQS Family!!!

My name is Jason and I am new to the APQS family as I've ordered a new Lucey w/Quilt Path, I've been quilting for 3 years and about 2 years ago I decided to start my own longarm quilting business and in the past two years I am so grateful that I've prospered and made a name for myself in the quilting community in Colorado. I started out on a HQ fusion w/prostitcher. I decided it was time to go bigger and better, and I'm so excited to be a part of the APQS family and can't wait to get back to work on my new Lucey and I look forward to getting to know other quilters through this forum.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm hoping to get my new machine delivered by end of next week and then because the Quilt Path is so popular right now I've got a 30-60 day wait for it but luckily my rep has her new Quilt Path and isn't ready to install it so she is letting me use hers till mine arrives that way I can get back to work, I've been without a machine for almost a month now and I've got customers quilts pilling up. Luckily I set up my old system and computer so setting up the new one will be a breeze and because there are a decent amount of Quilt Path instructional videos I already feel like I have the system down, but of course I'm use to a computerized machine.

I plan to post pictures of the new setup when it's all done, like most longarm quilters I work out of my basement, it's an unfinished basement but I've organized and made it look as professional as possible. I wonder what the percentage is to professional longarm quilters that work out of their basement to longarm quilters that have an actual private studio. To be honest I call my basement my studio, I get made fun of for it :)

I work out of my cave also. I got tired of the unfinished walls and in my off time, framed, wired and sheet rocked it. I made a corner my batting storage, the water main and matter were hanging out in the floor with the sprinkler controls on the wall so I made it a little closet. After measuring batting roll lengths to fit between the corner and the closet. I have 3 rolls hanging there. Just an idea for you. I got tired of all the industrial extension cords.

Shirley

Archived