Ann,

It is a method of dealing with quilts that need a little extra help with excess fabric.  Bonnie who used to be a regular on the forum made a CD of her method of starching the offending area when the quilt was on the frame and then using a steam iron to try to shrink the area into shape.  It works quite well usually!

Sue,

How would one find this CD?

Bonnie used to be an APQS dealer in New York if I remember correctly.  I checked for her contact info but couldn't find it listed.  Again if I my memory is correct her last name is Botts and I believe that she has a Facebook page.  I don't use Facebook but if you do give that a try.  It is several years since she produced the CD so I don't know if she would still have them available.  Perhaps someone is still in contact with her and will chime in.

I did a search on FB but couldn't find her. If anyone finds out please let me know. So do you spray with starch then actually steam iron it or hold it above it? Sorry for this being such a dumb question but I have seen it mentioned and really want to know how it's done and the benefits of it. Thanks Sue for enlightening me!

Archived