Lenni Wheels

I have a 2009 (?) Lenni with the black vertical wheels on a steel table.  I find I am wrestling with my machine and the movement is jerky and not smooth. I have given up on free motion and just do ruler work and some pantos. My question is, what are my options to upgrade to something (wheels, carriage?) that will help Lenni move more easily? Which option would work best with the steel table? I don't want to spend more that $1,000. I look forward to hearing from all you talented folks!

I don't know if this will help y'all or not.  I have a Millie and know nothing about the Lenni's wheels or set-up.  I have the Bliss system on my machine, but still it was like moving around a ten-ton truck to try to move my Millie around.  I cleaned my wheels and carriage religiously but that helped very little.  Finally I had the bright idea of cleaning with something other than alcohol, and I used what I had, which was just some stainless steel cleaner/polisher that I had for my refrigerator.  I wiped it on and wiped it off, and wow, what a difference.  I could love my machine again!  I could move it around without feeling like I was trying to move the earth!!  I don't know if this would help with the Lenni set-up or not, just for what it's worth!

The carriage does have to be replaced with the wheels for the edgerider.  I have not checked their website in awhile, so it is possible that they took the carriage for the Lenni off from the site.  You might want to send a message to Katydids or call her  she is or was a dealer for them when I got my carriage and wheels. 

Ther is also the bliss setup from APQS but that means replacing the table and carriage.  It was $3000.00 last I  heard.  Not sure what it is now. 

I just went to look at the website and the Lenni is not listed.  I am not sure but maybe they were not happy with the results and discontinued it from their products.  I have not had any trouble with mine, but I think one of the gals from over the pond was not happy with hers and I think that she may have opted to do the bliss.  We waited a very long time while they were working on getting the carriage and wheels to go on the Lenni and it was told to me that the computer setup would be available as well once you had the carriage.  I don't see the Lenni listed for that either.  So I guess you will have to contact them and see what the story is with the Lenni now. 

I have the edge rider wheels and carriage and LOVE IT.  

We did find that the setting for one of the wheels off set  could mess things up.

After very carefully resetting each wheel, it runs as smoothe as snot on ice.

If I could still freehand, I'd be in 7th heaven.

I had the opportunity to test the Bliss system at a show and believe

my Lenni moves easier.   sorry to say that apqs, but it's true.

Rita

Ok. This is what I have found out so far. To upgrade to the Bliss with the M&M wheels costs $4000.00 because it includes a new table. The M&M wheels do not work vertically. I have sent messages to Edgerider and Katydids about the Edgerider wheels and carriage and I am waiting to hear back from them. These seem to be the only two options right now. Any other ideas, please post! Thanks!

Mary, sent you a reply.  I will check into wheels again and see if the ER company can come up with another option.  They are only doing the carriage system along with the purchase of the computer now, so that a dealer can install it when the computer is installed.  That is the last I have heard on it.  There needs to be a wheel alternative for those Steel tabled Lenni's out there.  Let me see if I can persuade them..... ;)

Patty

They are not selling the carriage and wheels without a computer sale now???

Good thing we got ours before they made that decision.  I still may upgrade to a computer someday,

but not until I retire and can spend more time on my machine.  It just wouldn't be worth the investment

for how little time I can actually quilt at this time in my life.  Seems retirement is always just out of reach.  LOL

It seems like selling the wheels only with a computer is depriving a lot of

folks of having a smooth moving quilter, so they can earn more and get

to the point of affording a computer system. 

I wonder if Side Saddle still sells theirs seperately.. it is wonderful, though they

install each unit they sell with the Side Saddle computer.  I've no idea what

they would do with just the carriage and tracks.  We installed ours without

one problem.  So that shows how two heads work together. lol

GL in your search.. do check out SS at  www.quiltingsolutions.com

They can't but say no.

Tell them their favorite pita sent you.. lol

They list a phone # and prefer and respond to calls quicker

than email.

Rita

• 1 month later...

Update on Lenni carriages with Edgerider wheels ( for the steel Lenni tables).  I have just spoken with the Edgerider company and if there is a need, they will produce the carriages again for sale.  it was stopped, i was told, because of lack of orders.

They will produce them again if there is a need for about 3 carriages or more.  The cost is $495.00 plus shipping.  Email me if you are interested and I will put in the request.

I was the one having all the problems with this intelliquilter carriage upgrade for Lenni a couple years back now.... but I have to say once they sent me a replacement it has been fantastic and smooth .... No problems... The first one I received was damaged in transit to the UK and I hadn't realised this was as bad as it was at first. they kindly offered me a refund or replacement I took replacement and it has worked extremely well since then and shortly will be adding the basiq intelliquilter system to the carriage once I have funds... I didn't want to go to the expense of a whole new bliss table at that time and as mm wheels were so disappointingly missed out for the lennis on the black steel table without buying a whole new table, then I went for the edge riders and carriage.. It was money well spent... And a vast improvement to my original carriage. Now I have a blissed lucey too and there is not actually that much difference at all for pantos although bliss is better for freehand intricate work.

If you get the chance to buy this carriage then I definitely would...

• 2 weeks later...

Teresa, send me a private email with your address and contact info.  I will turn in the request for 2 carriages for now.  It will most likely take a month or longer to put them into production.  They may do it for just the 2, but if a 3rd were requested, I was told that it would definitely be done for 3.

Any other interest in the Lenni ER wheels/carriage, please send me an email.  patty@katydids.net

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived