Stitches Wonky? Needle up/down slow? Try this... more often!

Today I noticed that my stitches were acting a little strange... Checked the encoders, cleaned wheels, checked for threads between nuts/bolts... Nothing out of whack there...

I always take time to suck out lint and blow off dust and threads from the throat, needle and bobbin areas.

What could it be?

Then I took off the cover to see inside the flywheel area of my machine.

I was shocked! My Millie was so full of threads wrapped up in her workings it is surprising that she even ran at all. I will add this cleaning to my regular schedule of maintenance.

post-1404-0-88225400-1384898088_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-90633700-1384898125_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-52658700-1384898160_thumb.jpgpost-1404-0-00507100-1384898185_thumb.jpg

Trinity, like you, I'm surprised that she kept going.  Good job on the cleaning.  I'm wondering what Penny

looks like inside there.. hmmmm  Might be an idea to check even though I'm only doing lessons in the

Tutorial CD and manual.  Better now than never.

Good luck, enjoy and keep her spickand span,

Rita

Wow Trinity good job.  What you need is a see through front side panel and a flywheel cover for your machine.  The cover will help keep the thread from going inside your take-up lever slot due to static electricity and the see through panel will make it easy to see inside the front of your machine .  Regards,   zeke............

BTW, if you have an on board bobbin winder, this could be your problem as well.  A stand alone is a better option to wind your bobbins.  Go TURBO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, admission time!

Dave Jones came to do a spa treatment on my Millie two summers ago.  When he opened my machine at the fly wheel, he GASPED!  Yes, he actually gasped!  He pulled out a huge handful of green thread that I had no idea was in there!  Actually, I was very lucky. He said that that could have eventually cause a huge repair bill.  What a wonderful guy he is.  He fashioned a cover from an old thread cone and put it over my flywheel with double stick tape to keep thread from getting sucked in there.  It looked like my millie had a nose job and still had on the bandages.  I believe he told me that there is a cover available from APQS, but I have not checked with them.  If you get the opportunity to have Dave come by, the spa treatment is wonderful.  He knows our machine inside and out.  My machine is 13 years old and it  sang like a birdie when he was done with him. Yup, my machine is male!

I used the clear plastic portion of packaging for a flywheel cover for my Lenni. I used painters tape all around the outside and taped it over the flywheel. The bubble allows the flywheel to rotate as usual. I cannot remember what item was inside the package...maybe for something like shoelaces or an office supply item like a small stapler. Just search around a dollar store of the best size plastic bubble to go over the flywheel! Hope this helps. It is of course not as substantial as the real APQS part but it has done the job and I recycled some packaging.

Archived