introducing myself

joy tippit

Hello all, my name is Joy from cold northern Michigan where warm quilts are a necessity. I have sewn since my teen years and love it. I share quilting passion with 95 year old grandmother. I am married and have two "sons" a cat and a dog. My husband is a woodworker. we have been married almost 26 years very happily. would like to communicate with other quilters

Welcome, Joy!  Where are you in northern Michigan?  I am in Clarkston, but we have a cottage in Leelanau, and my husband went to Tech.  His first year there was their record snowfall winter.  :)

Always great to see another Michigander on the site!

Welcome Joy!  My husband is also a woodworker and I've sewn since I was 7 (still have the little doll dress I made in a bright big turquoise daisy!) we've been married 26 years and I've quilting with an APQS (started small and bought my way up to an 04 Millennium just a couple months ago)  and love it! 

I'm cold too - but way over in Utah, 25 miles north of Salt Lake City (probably not as cold as you!)

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to our forum Joy. This is a great place to trouble shoot when u need to check out a problem. I have been sewing since I was eight. Also a great place to see stunning works of art.I only do pantos because that is what folks can afford in WV. I have been machine quilting for 18 yrs. Carol

Hello Joy!

So glad you decided to come in and join us in the wild, whacky, wonderful world of quilting,

sometimes crafting, or praying, thanking, etc..  a  good site here.

I'm an old duck in mid 70's and in central NC.  Not cold here. it's 47 out today.  Down in the 20's F

at night..  Just feels crispy and clean outdoors.

Join in with sharing picts.. I'm at the Flicker stage of doing so, and am stuck.  lol, nothing unusual there.

We would also like to hear of other Hobbies...

Give Grandmother a hug and Merry Christmas for me!

Rita

• 1 month later...

Archived