Easy-peasy fudge

ffq-lar

I've seen this several places this year (Pioneer Woman Cooks for one) and it really is ten-minute/three ingredient fudge. It's delicious!

3 cups of chocolate chips (a regular package has two cups) Semi-sweet is my fave, but milk chocolate would be good as well.

One 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Line an 8x8 pan with foil and let some hang over the edge for handles. Spray with cooking spray or use a bit of butter to grease the foil.

Place a glass bowl over simmering water and add the chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted and blended. Stir in vanilla.

Add-ins--one or several to your taste:

walnuts or almonds

dried cranberries

crushed peppermint candies (better scattered on top than stirred in)

dried or jarred sweet cherries

snipped dried fruit like apricots

white chocolate chips on top

Add your favorite additions and scrape into the prepared pan, leveling the top. Lick the bowl and spatula. Stick into the fridge for at least two hours. Use the foil handles to lift the fudge onto a cutting surface and cut into portions.

Merry Christmas!

I have made this too!  works great. 

My version is the same as Linda's for the base.  While the first base is in the refrigerator I then  make a second layer using a pkg of semi-sweet choc chips melted with 1 1/2-2 cups peanut butter and about 1 cup powder sugar...all melted and mixed together.  Pour on top of the base and refrigerate till hard.

Cut into small sq's and enjoy!! :)

I have made this too!  works great. 

My version is the same as Linda's for the base.  While the first base is in the refrigerator I then  make a second layer using a pkg of semi-sweet choc chips melted with 1 1/2-2 cups peanut butter and about 1 cup powder sugar...all melted and mixed together.  Pour on top of the base and refrigerate till hard.

Cut into small sq's and enjoy!! :)

Sounds yummy, too Laura!

I have made that fudge too. I make it in the microwave. Melt for about a minute and a half then stir. If it is still lumpy (chips haven't melted completely), return to microwave and heat for 30 seconds at a time and check after each time by stirring to see if it has melted completely. Add the vanilla and put in the pan. Really easy and very good. I like all the add ins you have given, Linda. Thanks.

I made another version....

Used semi-sweet choc chips for first layer.  While in freg, I made up another batch with milk choc chips.  I added that to the other layer.  I also had added nuts to both.  Made a pleasing milk choc and dark choc look when cut into sqs and everyone loved the flavor of both milk and dark chocolate.  :P 

Archived