Pantographs

Measure between your top roller and the one before the back one that sites on top of the quilt. Or when you have your average side quilt rolled up pull the machine to the front with it over the rolled up quilt and measure between the back bar on top of the quilt and the needle. You can do the first measurement, but by the end of the quilt you will only be able to quilt the second measurement, so stay under that one to be sure. Hopefully this is clearer than mud.

Shirley

Hi Rosa

I have a Lenni and I would advise not going larger than 12". When I used Paper Pantos I erred on the side of caution and never bought a Panto that went larger than 11.5" in size. Even with keeping to that size you will still find a huge choice of panto to pick from.

Also if if the panto you are now using has two rows that are identical. Just ignore the second row and keep realigning to the first row.

Hope this helps.

Kath gives great advice. You can still use two-pass pantos as she stated.

If the panto nests (has an offset on the second pass that makes the design interlock) the best advice to stitch the second pass is to tape some paper together the length you need and trace the second pass. After you finish the first pass and advance the top to do the second, lay the re-traced second pass (ghost) panto on top of the real panto, taking care to make sure the design works. Move the head along the path to make sure it fits, adjust if necessary, and then mark on the top paper where the panto underneath starts and stops. Stitch the ghost panto, advance, remove it and stitch the real panto. Then lay the ghost back down in the same position as before. It's fussy but you'll only need to trace it once and then you'll have it to use forever.

Helloooooo Rosa,

Welcome to the apqs Forum.. hope you enjoy it here.   Hope you stick around, too.. 

we love eye candy, so any picts you take we'd love to see.

There is a lot of good info on this forum.. in the various forums, and chat threads.

Ask as well as answer, or give tips you've learned and we may not know.  It all helps

someone, and it appreciated by many.

Good luck, and again, Welcome,

Rita

Archived