can't make APQS Quilt Path quilt block patterns

New owner of APQS Millie with Quilt Path system.  Have watched tutorial for Quilt Path repeatedly.  Cannot make mine machine quilt a block pattern.   I mark the four border corners, but the block pattern I select won't come up on the screen and when it does try to sew, it just goes back and forth in horizontal lines.   Is there some step I'm leaving out?  The system does not prompt me to do anything else.   Thanks for any assistance you might give me.

I'm not home so I can't look, but there is a button to ditch the block or stitch the pattern. Make sure you have the pattern clicked on. I won't be home until late tomorrow. You could message Angela Clark, Karen Wheeler or Angela Huffman. Maybe one of them can help. Otherwise I can help on Friday. The directions are pretty non existent. Also go to a Thread Waggles Blog, that may help also

Shirley

New owner of APQS Millie with Quilt Path system.  Have watched tutorial for Quilt Path repeatedly.  Cannot make mine machine quilt a block pattern.   I mark the four border corners, but the block pattern I select won't come up on the screen and when it does try to sew, it just goes back and forth in horizontal lines.   Is there some step I'm leaving out?  The system does not prompt me to do anything else.   Thanks for any assistance you might give me.

Where are you in Quilt Path?  When I do block patterns I go into Pattern in the Middle part of the home screen under Select and Sew.  It first ask me to set the safe area, once I do that it ask me to select the pattern I want to stitch.  Remember that the safe area needs to be bigger then your block.  I normally do the whole quiltable area so that I can then do another block on the same quilt and not have to reset the safe area.  Once that is done and I select my block it takes me to the screen were I put the machine at the top left of the block and then click that button on my tablet then, move it to the lower right corner and click the bottom button.  The default is to sew the pattern so unless you have click on that button, the pattern should still be highlighted.   

As far as it just quilting horizontal lines.  Are both of your clamps for your belts engaged?  Does the block pattern look right on the screen?

Archived