Why would IQ return to previous already quilted start point when told to realign?

stashed

Every time I advance my quilt in progress I do this: since the row I'm on finished stitching , I cut my threads, I select a point in the just finished row and put a pin in the spot (bottom of design at center of quilt area), advance the quilt, hit realign and it tells me to touch a spot on the screen, so I touch the spot I indicated with the pin I placed, then it wants me to put the needle over that spot and touch ok, so I do and then I hit "start" and IQ moves over to the beginning of the row I just completed and wants to begin stitching there.  ie:  I should be beginning row 4 and it wants me to stitch row 3 again.  I can't make it stop doing this--Is there a reason it doe this?

Thank you SO MUCH!

Hi

You should not need to use restart every time you realign.

When I have finished quilting a row with IQ. I advance the quilt top leaving enough of the last row showing so I can realign.

Then like you I find a spot on the centre of the last row stitched to realign. I find it easier to move the machine head to that spot first and then I mark that spot on the IQ tablet realigning to the last row stitched. Then the machine head will move to the start of the next row. I have occasionally had the IQ want to re stitch the previous row, especially when I am restarting the IQ in the morning after the night before. That is when I would use the restart function.

One thing to help as a reminder when realigning off the previous stitched row that row should show up in read on the screen.

After you advance and find the point of the last row you quilted, you hit sew quilt.  The row you just finished will be highlighted.  You need to touch undo or it will go to the row you just finished.  After you hit undo, select the next row and it will stitch out the row 4.  At least I think this is what you are asking.  You are selecting the rows one at a time, correct? 

Sharon, there does seem to be more than one way to realign depending on how you set up your pantograph rows.

If I have say 6 complete panto rows to quilt I will sequence all 6 of those rows.

Then when I advance my quilt say after completing row 1, I will do the realign sequence selecting a point from row 1, then my machine head will move to the beginning of row 2, I do not need to hit Undo.

I find this the easiest method for me to follow.

Am I right in thinking that if you use the method were you sequence the same row all the time. Then you would you use the Undo button?

I love my IQ which I've had since last June....I think I learn something new every day I turn her on

Kath, I don't sequence all of the quilt.  I do one row at a time and clip off the edges as I go.  I just keep moving down the rows one at a time.  So when IQ asks choose the row you want to quilt, I pick the next row.  I hope I am making sense to you.  I know we all do things differently.  You might have a different update loaded too.  I went back to an older one because I was having some problems with an update so it could be different now.  (I haven't done the latest one either).

Hi Sharon

Yes that makes perfect sense. I have watched the videos of the how you realign. No way is wrong.

I think it is Helen who has videos on both methods. I know when I first started using my IQ I got myself in a pickle a few times with the realigning. I still do some days when restarting in the morning from the night before.

Linda is right. Let your dealer know you need some help and they'll gladly get you on the right track. You just have to reach out for help so they know you need assistance. There are a number of different ways to realign after advancing. I like to make a master quilt map for every pantograph I own at a maximum size. When I want to stitch out that pattern, I call up the master panto and use clip to drop away the excess pattern that is un-needed for the quilt I've got loaded. When I make the quilt map I sequence it too so the whole enchilada is saved in the file and is ready to stitch out. I can set up a panto incredibly fast. If you are only sequencing one row at a time, though, your process will be different. 

Hi, everyone ~ I see I started quite a discussion here--actually I have watched Helen's videos over and over, I took notes, read the book called "Use Your IQ"  that I purchased,  I reached out and posted my questions and got many answers and I touched base with my dealer twice.  Realigning sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, but IF I have been working on the quilt and have advanced it I CAN get to my next row by using "restart" if "realign" insists on taking me back to the last row.  What has driven me nuts is coming back to the quilt the next day-- it doesn't have any idea of what I want or how to recognize where I am.  Four times in this lap quilt I have had to pretend the quilt is brand new and start over after having shut down for the night--calling up the "saved" quilt hasn't helped--IQ still can't find where I need to be even when I realign...  SO although continuing on is do-able if I have been quilting, starting fresh in the morning isn't.  I've told it to save my work and I can find the saved pattern the next morning, but can't get on the right spot on it to start up again.  Any thoughts?  ;)

If I remember correctly when you want to stop for the night do not advance the quilt.  You will be asked if you want to save the needle position (or something like that) say yes.  When you restart the next day and start the Work in Progress you will see the red bulls-eye where the last stitch was made the day before. Realign there, then advance and realign as usual.

Hope this helps

Nigel

• 1 month later...

Carol, I have recorded a beginner and advanced panto videos that are designed for beginners.  This is the training I provide to my IQ customers.  I have just gotten them up on my website for purchase.  They are lengthy and detailed and designed for the new IQ owner.

You can see the info here.....www.katydids.net/IntelliQuilterTrainingVideos.htm

Archived