New Pantograph Tool ---- Makes doing pantographs or picture images a breeze!

Sounds like you're moving along quite nicely! Like I mentioned in my original response to this post will you be having other quilters, experienced and inexperienced, test your prototype before going to full production?  You may find some very valuable input from others who try it out for you before a big reveal and may even find some modification or other that adds to the design.  (Maybe you've already done this so disregard if so.)  I am just curious about this tool and interested in finding out if it will be a big help to me.  I would be quite willing to be a tester as as I have limited mobility at the back of the machine due to chronic tendonitis, shoulder and neck issues and would love a full panto solution from the front of the machine!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be at HMQS in booth #611 with Claudia Pfeil Designs.

Claudia is teaching at HMQS and we had already decided to have a booth for her e-Workbooks so it was perfect to roll out the "Precise" Pantograph Guide in SLC. There has been a flurry of testing going on here... I have no lack of people wanting to try it out that is for sure, only a couple of weeks left til' the show.

Claudia and I will also be putting the finishing touches on her newest book "The Silk Route" when we are together in SLC so watch for the updates on this as well. And we will have some of Claudia's beautiful show quilts in the booth as well as you will be able to see her newest show quilt, Best of Show MQS, "Fern Rising" ...

If you are interested in signing up for any of Claudia's classes at HMQS you can go here for her schedule: http://2sistersquilting.com/ClaudiaPfeil/ClaudiaCalendar.html

Fastquilts, I can't wait to meet you. We are definitly kindred spirits. My friends call me the Gadget Queen! :D  :D  :D . My sister in law and I have a saying. "If they demonstrate it well, we'll buy it!" :D  Gets me in trouble on our annual Paducah trip. ;)

when I go to a retreat, everyone is well you have all kind of gadgets and most of them are great.  I have bought a few that I don't like but I am all for making my life easier either in the kitchen or quilting.  I just bought a couple rotary cutters from Martelli and they are wonderful.  I have arthritis and it is so much easier using one of those.  Looking forward to meeting you too.  I am so excited to get to go to Paducah!!!!!

Just an update for all my friends here. You can friend me on facebook for sure to see pics and videos as they happen while Claudia and I are at HMQS and I will be updating my webpage here also.

http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html

We went into production so that there will be units available at our booth #611 and a huge THANK YOU to APQS for letting me put the system on a Lucy in their booth across the aisle from ours! So if you are coming you will be able to see the system working and try it out for yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

Almost looks like Micro Drive handles attached to the laser.  Extension arm for the laser coming out from the machine and  with the handles on either side of the laser light you can sit and  trace designs to your hearts content.

I never could trace them using the laser at the front and they were always skewiff!

Will need to wait  until production gets enough so she can ship overseas.  Would be good to have it on my machine at AMQ Festival

Looks interesting, but when I do pantos from the back I am moving right along.  I think, in my case, sitting would mess up my mojo once I do get going, having to stop and move my chair to continue on.  Plus - not sure about others - but to make the most space of my room my table is set up with not a lot more than standing room behind it. There's no room for a chair to be moved around, and I don't have that extra space to give up in the room. :(

whitepinesquilter... My room has only the space from the back of the machine to the bookcases to move the machine head to within 2" of the cases! I still can put my saddle chair in that space and am very comfortable so yeah, no more space is needed to sit and roll.

I agree with you Marci and I use my whole body for those long curves. i don't see how you could sit and do the pantos. I think your hands closer to the light would help. interesting!

delld, this is really something different to "feel"... you will be one that will try it out and find the difference, or maybe not... I have now been able to watch others using the system on a machine that say they quilt pantos from the back just great, okay, no hard sell here... But then they try it sitting at the "Precise" Pantograph System and find the control is amazing... Then stand and try to do same... They are sold that my system is easier to do. Hopefully you will be able to try it out at a coming show soon. It seems that many of the other manufacturers are very interested in my providing the system for their machines.

Archived