New Pantograph Tool ---- Makes doing pantographs or picture images a breeze!

Thanks for adding to what I said. It does clarify the space issue when you mention using a stool. I don't own a saddle stool. If I felt sitting, using handles, wouldn't interfere with my rhythm I would probably make the double investment of both seat and your handle system. It looks like you've found the microdrive solution for yhe back of the machine, but I go much faster doing pantos than that. Im positive this is going to be great for many, just not me! Congrats on the rollout and continued success!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm confuse. I thought this would allow you to do pantographs from the front, but it sounds like you are still doing them from the back.  That's the main reason I hate doing them. The back of the machine is not the right height for me compared to the front, if that makes sense. 

I don't think they make a lift for the old black Lenni table

Hi Teresa. Table lifts for industrial use are available on-line from industrial supply companies. I think Linda Steller has posted several times where she purchased hers. The units I've seen have a bracket for each leg and are raised in unison. It doesn't matter what the legs are made of--all that matters is the weight load. 

Whew! Just done with the tear down for the show, dinner, and now at room packing up and thinking of all the work I must do before sleeping.

Some explanation of the "Precise" Pantograph System now that I can talk to you about it.

This system is not for everyone, just those of us, me included, that wish to have more control over the "tracing" of our panto pattern lines. While the system was attached to a machine at the HMQS show the reviews were unanimous that it is a better way to have more control. I had the users sit and do a few rounds on the panto then stand and do the same.... All takers were amazed at the difference. Some were seasoned, some not, but they were quick to tell me that my system made them feel more at ease in following the designs on the panto and the accuracy in which they could easily follow the lines was incredible.

This system is designed to allow the user to attach the system without any drilling or permanent modification to their machine using only 2 wrenches to tighten. Really it only is 3 nuts that you need to tighten and then attach the  laser light that came with your machine. So far it seems that the older APQS machines with the laser light that plugs into the rear outlet need no additional modifications. The "New" generation such as machines that have the Bliss will need a longer laser light cord, this cord is NOT included. These are readily available like this one: RadioShack 3-Ft. Shielded Cable with 90° 1/4" Plugs Catalog #: 42-2487 Price: $8.99

This system is designed to use from the back of the machine and allow the user to sit on an adjustable height roller chair while quilting, no, the chair is NOT included in the $249.95 price! :)

This system is perfect for those that may have a hard time standing, "mature" eyesight, neck, shoulder, back, hip, feet, or knee issues. This system is not going to give you the tired shoulders, neck and legs from standing and "tweaking" your body while trying to use the original handles and look to the side and down to follow this tiny line about 3 feet away. Many of the testers told me that the hardest part of doing pantos was that it was not a natural way for us to do "tracing" of designs, many also expressed that sitting made it a more natural way to "trace" the designs as the laser is positioned directly between the handles.

This system has handles that can be held in many ways to let the user be comfortable in their grip. None of the testers expressed a "death grip" feeling while using the system.

This system is priced at $249.95 and can be shipped in the US for $20.00.

This system is pretty cool to use as is available for APQS machines, both older and newer with Bliss, and will be available for other machines as well in the future.

I am interested in your product but am not able to attend shows where you may be demonstrating or selling. In other words, I rely on the internet. Will you be posting a demonstration on you tube any time soon? I am specifically interested in how your product attaches to the long arm (please demo this) and also would need to see it in actual use. Thanks and will be anxious to view your video.

Do you have a video on you tube so we can see it in action?

Here are a couple of links for you to see videos:

Working like crazy to get the videos online... Too big for Facebook, hours for youtube... I do have on Dropbox if you would like me to share you there. The first link is if you have never used Dropbox... it is a free storage in the cloud. https://db.tt/muA1kon4

I have moved all the videos to access from YouTube from my webpage...  There were so many views it crashed my DropBox!  HA...

Way to go APQS users!post-1404-0-62833500-1400123902_thumb.jpg

http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html

I am interested in your product but am not able to attend shows where you may be demonstrating or selling. In other words, I rely on the internet. Will you be posting a demonstration on you tube any time soon? I am specifically interested in how your product attaches to the long arm (please demo this) and also would need to see it in actual use. Thanks and will be anxious to view your video.

There are new videos going up to website this morning that I will share that show how the machine is attached. It is just a 2 bolt clamping, really easy :)

http://www.2sistersquilting.com/PrecisePantographSystem.html

Are you doing any shows in the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, western Pennsylvania reas?

Would attend one of those to try it out.I

Marilyn

Wow... I will have to consider which shows I COULD attend. Usually I only go to shows with Claudia Pfeil Designs and the last at HMQS in Salt Lake City was perfect for me roll out the PPS system.

If I schedule any shows I will let you all know here. These shows are expensive to attend so I really have to consider that before I say "yes" to doing the shows. It is more plausible that you will be able to find the system attached to a real machine in the shows by another vendor, there are some conversations in the works to see if that is a more "doable" solution.

In the meantime, if you wish to contact me for questions please feel free to email me a number you can be reached at and the best time to reach you. I am always checking my emails during the day but only really get online in the mornings (I am Mountain Time).

Thanks, Triniti.  I can learn from videos and have just watched one of the above.  Looks interesting and I am definitely considering buying one.   Will keep watching and looking.   At my age, one needs all of the help they can find.  Usde boards and do a little freehand.  Do some pantos and would like to do more.    This may be the solution.

Marilyn

Trinity, I don't see a place to purchase it on your site.  Have I missed those instructions?  Is it ready to be purchased?  I think this has a place in my quilting repertoire.  I never liked standing to the side and twisting over to see to do pantographs therefore I never did them, besides the fact that they killed my back.  Being able to sit down is a big plus.  Will it be an easy addition to my Liberty without much modification?  Boy, I'm just full of inquiries this morning aren't I?  :D

Do you have to sit to use this?  I am already scrunched behind my machine, and even tho I have a saddle stool, I can only use it from the front side.  I'm anxious to watch the video - time has just not permitted yet.  Sounds wonderful!!!

This system is developed to sit down, that position gives you the most control over the design tracing! I have a VERY, VERY small space between the back of my machine and my bookcases on the wall, barely a couple of inches for the head of my machine to be completely at the bookcase without hitting! My saddle fits and rolls great in that space.

Trinity, I don't see a place to purchase it on your site.  Have I missed those instructions?  Is it ready to be purchased?  I think this has a place in my quilting repertoire.  I never liked standing to the side and twisting over to see to do pantographs therefore I never did them, besides the fact that they killed my back.  Being able to sit down is a big plus.  Will it be an easy addition to my Liberty without much modification?  Boy, I'm just full of inquiries this morning aren't I?  :D

Oma, :)

I have not had a chance to get past the order inquiries yet to work on the website! Just pop me an email at pps@2sistersquilting.com and I will get you an invoice on Paypal. I am sold out of the first production and the next one started yesterday, we will be getting units built as fast as we can (plan on a couple of weeks until we catch up on the existing orders please :::::::)))))

You can also call me if you have any questions before hand. 208-871-4639

Yay!  Sent you an email.  Excited to try this.  I own so many pantographs and have NEVER done one.  I know...I shake my head at this one too,  I don't know why I thought if one didn't work for me that another one would.  I can visualize other uses with your product.  It will make tracing wonderful.  Again...yay!

Yay!  Sent you an email.  Excited to try this.  I own so many pantographs and have NEVER done one.  I know...I shake my head at this one too,  I don't know why I thought if one didn't work for me that another one would.  I can visualize other uses with your product.  It will make tracing wonderful.  Again...yay!

Ha! You will be using all of them in no time!  I never could do them....  So, I never bought them!  I am so now spending money catching up on all the great designs out there.  Last night my sis and I did the new video and used Claudia Pfeil's panto from Digi-Tech...  Wow...  It really is a computer design, really intricate!  Done beautifully with the PPS.... YEAH! 

Archived