Change start and end point in Quilt Path Panto

WandaT

Hi,

I'm on day 3 of my new quilt path program.  I am on row 2 of a panto, quilt by row, and I've removed my trim lines and want to get started to quilt.  Unfortunately my start and stop points are in a staggered part of the design a few inches in from the quilt edge (instead of starting and ending at the edge of the quilt)

post-5390-0-97022600-1390081388_thumb.jpg

Hope this picture I am posting will show what I need some help with.  Any ideas on how to move my start and stop points to the edge?

Thanks,

Wanda

Quilt Lodge in Montana

What it is doing is it starts half a motif in, quilts back to the edge, then stitches a line back to the start point to continue across. I don't know how to tell her to get it to start off the edge and go across? But I haven't staggered before. It is the 2nd row which is staggered, so it will happen every other row? I'm at a loss.

Shirley

Before taking the jumpstitches out you can changed the order of quilting but clicking on the numbers.   Most of us  start by just removing all jump stitches, but there are a lot more things that you can tweak on the optimize screen.  I just happened to tap on a number and noticed it change and then it took me a little while to figure out what I had actually done and how I had done it.  

Sometimes it is also better to use the Check for Breaks button and then animate the stitching.  It will ask you at each break if you want to remove the break.  That way if you do have a diagonal line like the one in her screen shot that you just can't figure out how to avoid, you can leave it as a break and not have it stitched into your pattern.  

Thank you for all of the help.

I started things up this morning and noticed that I had pink (partial patterns) on both rows.  I'm not sure what I did to get that, but I decided to simplify and start over.  I am now stitching staggered rows and things are working.

There are so many possibilities, and I look forward to more tutorials and posts about getting things done on the Quilt Path.

PS:  I was vaccuuming and quilting at the same time this morning!!!

Wanda

Another question.

Karen I noticed in this and another post comment that you refer to using the measuring tool, after the safe area has been set.

Can you review how to do this?  And how the measuring tool helps quilting the space?

Thanks,

Wanda

• 3 weeks later...

I was struggeling with the size of my panto versus my quilt, but I made the mistake, lesson learned.

A completely different question, can I change the measurement from inches to centimeters in QP ? one of the problems... I need to convert all my measures !

thanks Lisa

• 1 month later...

I just got my QP on my Freddie last week. Finding my learning curve! Have been playing and ready to stitch out my first panto and have an error message on my Quilt Path...."run time error 5 , invalid procedure" any ideas for me?..

Also, any recommendations for additional resources? Anxious to get quilting!

Oh how I wish there was a comprehensive written resource.  I've read and printed all of Angela's tutorials, watched the videos that she and Karen have on YouTube.  I even figured out that you can print out a transcript of the video.  It is the computer translating what was said so there are some interesting phrases.  Quilt Path is usually referred to cool path and even once as psychopath (which I think mine was on Saturday) but the directions are there.  As powerful as the software is there should be a big book of instructions.  Someone some where designed all this - I wish they would put the instructions on paper.

Archived