Shipping used machine

Guest Linda S

My new machine arrived ABFS. I don't think I'd call them to ship a darn thing for me. They messed up the delivery (dropped off a package for a local furniture store instead of my rails), took them several days to straighten it out, and the driver was VERY grumpy. You might want to try UPS.

Linda

Hi

Where are you and where is the machine. Will depend on who can ship it for ya. Check around and ask lots of questions about damage freight and insurance and prices. Don't go to off the wall people. If it is set up . Will they dissmantle it. or will freight company do it. Call a moving company if all else fails. If it is semi locate they may be able to do it cheaper. Get insurance no matter what. My ex was a bed bug hauler and did that for a living. So I know they do it. Good luck Nita

When I sold my ULT I a couple of years ago I really shopped around. I realize that gas prices alter shipping costs, but I was able to ship from MN to Texas for just over 300.00. I used Minnesota Motor Co. and they ship nationally to and from most states. I also was able to ship that machine in my new Millennium crates which helped with packing.

Michelle L. Miller

2003 APQS Millennium (*****FOR SALE****)

You will always be able to send your machine heads by either UPS or Fedex, but for the frame a LTL freight company will be the only ones able to do that...(ie Roadway)...another consideration that must be taken is that these companies don't always do the unloading when it gets to your home or shop....I found this out when mine showed up and the driver just looked at me and told me it was my job to get it off the truck, thank God there were several shops in the area and I rounded up about 10 men to get the huge box off the truck and into my shop. Yes, it alwas was less than $300 to ship, but ask the question about the unloading part....something I learned the hard way.:D

Bonnie

• 6 years later...

Archived