how to quilt blocks and peace signs

A 17 year old granddaughter picked the purple batik fabric, the blue and green four patch blocks and the orange border for her grandmother to piece. This is the grandmothers second quilt. The only requirement is that i use peace signs on the quilt. I have a single peace sign block and i have a really cute peace sign-heart-star pantograph. And i have a perfectly matching rainbow thread. How would you quilt this? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!post-10740-0-63800000-1394844601_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

And here's the finished quilt ... a grandmother's quilt for her teen-age granddaughter  ... tie dyed batiks, peace signs, hearts, daisies, stars and Superior Rainbow thread on top and light blue Bottom Line on the bottom.  E2E is Quilts Complete Tween Mix.   Listening to the Beach Boys, Temptations and Righteous Brothers ... Feelin' groovy!   8-)

post-10740-0-34314400-1395658998_thumb.jpg

post-10740-0-20411800-1395659019_thumb.jpg

post-10740-0-59539100-1395659045_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice! Where did you purchase the peace panto? I'm doing a quilt for my granddaughter with a big peace sign in the middle and wasn't sure what to quilt on it. Is it an easy pattern? I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to make the peace signs nice and round.

Thanks for sharing,

Mary Lou

Very nice! Where did you purchase the peace panto? I'm doing a quilt for my granddaughter with a big peace sign in the middle and wasn't sure what to quilt on it. Is it an easy pattern? I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to make the peace signs nice and round.

Thanks for sharing,

Mary Lou

I got the panto from www.quiltscomplete.com

Archived