Back problems

I have back problems and have tried a few longarm companies out. I am leaning toward the Millennium and APQS in general because of a few features: hydraulic lift, bliss system, advance feed, light weight head, and multi-positional handles. 

If you have back problems or even if you don't do these features help you with the stress on your body?

Thanks, 

Yael 

No back issues, but I certainly noticed a difference when I went from my former non-Blissed machine to one with Bliss.  Wow!  I ordered Bliss that very afternoon.  I upgraded to a 2013 machine last year, and got the lift at that time.  Previously thinking that since I was the only one that would be quilting on it, what would be the point of needing to change the height?  Boy am I glad I got the lift!  I'm always going up and down, sitting on my stool, standing up, what a difference.  Do it, and you'll be glad that you did.

I've been rear-ended in a car six times -- the first case of whiplash being so bad it ripped the cartilage out of my jaw on one side.  My neck was like a hump instead of an inward curve for years.  Then, I fell backwards on my lawnmower engine and ruptured three discs in my lower spine.  I now have a three-level spinal fusion (can't say I recommend it - recovery was sheer hell).  However, a hydraulic lift on your machine will be your lifesaver.  When you get tired and achy, raising or lowering it by just an inch can make all the difference in the world.  I also mostly sit to quilt -- also on a saddle stool.

So, in other words, I'm a total train wreck.  Yes, you can quilt comfortably, as long as you have the ability to change positions frequently.

• 6 months later...

Archived