I'm thinking about selling... how do I establish a price?

I have a 14' 2010 Millennium with all the bells and whistles (Bliss, hydraulic lift, Glide, etc) and an IntelliQuilter with a gazillion designs.  Because my hubby's job has kept us traveling so much, I doubt I've done 50 quilts since I bought it, and now I think perhaps it's time to sell it as we're wanting to build a house, and trying to add a room in large enough for the longarm is proving challenging.

How do I price it?  I looked in the for sale section but didn't really find anything for sale to base a price on.

thanks!

When looking over past asking prices (not the final selling price since that isn't always posted) it seems like the basic longarm loses about $1000 a year from its original selling price. Contact the home office for an estimate of what they might offer a trade-in of your vintage with Bliss and lift added. With IQ added, when you list the package be sure to list the original value of that along with the estimated value of all the designs installed. If you don't get a lot of interest or low offers, you may do better breaking up things to sell separately--especially the lift.

Of course, the longer you have to sell the package, the longer you can wait for an attractive offer. Don't you hate it when you list something for sale and it sells so quickly that you realize you didn't ask enough?!

I sold my fully loaded 2008 Millie along with all the pantos and CL boards very quickly as a package deal. BUT I spent at least 2 to 3 weeks preparing the 5 page flyer with all the details and pictures. That's what sold it I think. Having all the info at hand to show the features the description and value of each. I included all the upgrades and $ value. All the templates and $ value, everything at new cost vs selling cost. And the pictures of everything. And how much they would save by buying used.

Also I included its service history. I had just sent it in for a spa treatment and I think that helped seal the deal as much as anything. Because all the electronics were updated during the spa treatment.

Since you're a dealer you have direct contact with APQS to help you come up with a fair price for your machine. You just then have to take in to consideration what you've put into the IQ and add that in accordingly. There's always Dave and Deloa Jones, who are now in the business of selling others' machines for commission.

I am not a dealer nor have I ever been a dealer, don't get me started on that sore subject with APQS!

CJ - I'd give Mark a call on Monday.  I would hate to think a machine loses $1000 a year in price.  Mine was $15,000 when I bought it, and there's no way I would sell it for $5,000 now!  It's still a great machine an would do more than a passable job for a new quilter who wanted a used machine.  Mark can give you a better idea.

Hi,

I just have to say that it was an agonizing decision for me just to upgrade because I loved my Ultimate 1.  But, depreciation( sp?) being what it is, I would think long and hard about parting with such a wonderful tool.  I my humble opinion, I would find a place to squeeze my machine in anywhere.  I hope you decide to keep it!

Hi,

I just have to say that it was an agonizing decision for me just to upgrade because I loved my Ultimate 1.  But, depreciation( sp?) being what it is, I would think long and hard about parting with such a wonderful tool.  I my humble opinion, I would find a place to squeeze my machine in anywhere.  I hope you decide to keep it!

My hubby certainly agrees :)

Archived