This is nothing fancy, just a little panel baby quilt. I did it today for a baby shower at work.  I just have to do the binding.  It turned out really cute.  Purple thread on pink backing fabric (my mistake) and color match thread on top. Double layer of low loft polyester

There are 4 pictures on flikr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jtconcessions/14161966212/

• 4 weeks later...

Teresa,

How do you do that background fill? I love it and I would like to learn it. I am PPP to do free motion, but so far I have realized I better stick to pantos. I am certainly not an artist, but I keep plugging away. Any info to learn this is very much appreciated.

Thank you. But still don't get it. Will try though. I only quilt for me and pantos are great, but really would like for my quilts

to pop and so many people post such remarkable quilts that I am ready to sell my Millie and go back to a midarm. Think I am over my head big time.

Diane, just put some scrap fabric on there and practice going in circles, then in swirls. I think there is a big learning curve to using a Mille. I tried one at the quilt show and it seemed so heavy and big compared to my machine. I know it would take me a long time to learn it.

One thing I hate is pantos.  I don't work well from the back of the machine.  I just started playing around at the front and have gotten decent at a few freehand designs. There are lots of things I see others do that I wish I could do. 

Archived