Grounding Kit help?

We ordered some M&M Wheels to replace the old compressed fiber wheels.

We followed the instructions for the wheels with no real difficulties, but cannot figure out the grounding kit.

First, ,there's the odd shaped piece that screws onto the rear of the carriage.  It looks sort of like an odd sewing machine foot.

First, we have no screws or holes or washers  where this is apparently supposed to go.  Second, since it does not seem to attach to anything, how does it help to ground anything?

Any hints or suggestions appreciated.

We have a 2001 Millennium, which has the newer channel locks installed.  

Vivs, that odd-shaped piece helps to ground the head axle to the head, especially if you have the "soft mounts" on your head axles.  They are the blue cushiony discs that are mounted on the top and the bottom of the head axles, with the mounting bolts going through them and threading into the holes in the bottom of your sewing head.  Clear as mud, right?  If you don't have the blue discs, you don't need to worry about the grounding clip.  If you do, slide the head back far enough to reach the bolt that goes through the axle on the stitch encoder/channel lock side of the axle.  Unscrew the bolt and thread the grounding clip onto the bolt in place of the large washer that holds the blue soft mount in place.  I'll try to post a photo of a grounding clip in place, but it might be too big for the forums.  If you don't see it with this post, email me at info@tmequilting.com and I'll send you the photo.

post-2534-0-71988100-1400111721_thumb.jpg

Hi Barb
 No blue discs on our head.  We just have screws sunken into that beam to hold the head.  Your pic is FAR more informative and useful than the one that came with the kit!

Thank you for your help!'

Archived