New projects

SueB2

Just finished top and sham tops for guestroom.  Now I have to figure out how to quilt it.  Since this quilt was to show off the fabric, quilting won't show much anyway.  There are lots of colors and gold accents so I am calling it my queen of Persia quilt.  Could not find a pattern that did not chop up designs so used EQ7 and designed my own.  

also finished another carpenter star in Batiks for a friend.  Those Batiks were something else.post-25249-0-40842900-1405361965_thumb.jpgpost-25249-0-94450100-1405362030_thumb.jpgpost-25249-0-80999000-1405362044_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh, this one is a beauty.  I'm not sure what you want in the center panel, but maybe there is a design you can follow in there.  In the plain borders you could use any of the border stencils, like egg and dart, or vining leaves.  Ginko leaves in the skinny borders (I have a stencil of ginko leaves that are made for a border, one on top of the other all the way up, very easy to follow.)  Maybe a version of Baptist fans in the fan styled border, feathers in the bottom blue border,  the braid design in the design fabric wide border and smaller version in the skinny ones, that one is quite simple to do, holds well and gets done quickly.  There is a stencil out there for that too. 

Have fun,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived