Can stitch regulator sensitivity be adjusted?

I upgraded my 2005 Millennium to the Bliss rails. I do a lot of ruler work and now when I stop to move the ruler and the machine is in SR mode the needled jumps/jerks up and down in place. I end up with a lot of broken thread at these points. It's not because I am touching the machine. It seems to be sensitive to anyone breathing around it. Today I test drove another machine and it made me realize how out of whack my machine is. Before the Bliss upgrade I could stop the machine, leave the SR on, move my ruler and continue quilting. Now I have to stop the SR, move the ruler and then re-start. Is there an adjustment that can be made to fix this?

Are you serious? Do you realize how much that slows down the quilting process when doing a lot of ruler work? There really has to be a better answer than that. If that's the case then Bliss didn't really help me out a lot. The stitch length isn't consistent with Bliss and now I have to stop and start the SR every time I move the ruler which is about every 5 inches. Is that really what everyone does?

I tried adjusting the #8 screw and that didn't help but it did fix another problem.

Vicki,

We're sorry that the super sensitivity of Bliss is causing havoc with your ruler work. The stiffness you experienced with your previous wheels did hold the machine in place and therefore kept the machine from stitching even when leaving the regulator active. However, the trade off to super-smooth movement is that the regulator is now super sensitive.

Your stitches should still be consistent with Bliss. If you're having trouble, give our service team a call on Monday about that. As for starting and stopping the regulator, if you aren't already using it you'll find that the "pause" feature makes it much easier to use rulers while still leaving the regulator engaged. Then you don't need to do two functions each time (which would be to turn on the regulator and then also activate the sewing motor.)

If you haven't used the pause feature, it works by holding in the command button on the right handle and then tapping the blue button. This pauses the sewing motor but keeps the regulator turned on. That way you can position the ruler without the machine stitching unexpectedly, but only have to do "command-blue" again on the right handle to start stitching once more. It won't take long to do that "command-blue" sequence and it will speed up the process.

Archived