Pfaff 18.8 long arm

grandkids x4

I was in the process of finishing my quilt when my long arm starting a very loud streeching noise,I immediatly put it on pause.  I took off the cover for the belt as that is where the noise was coming from. I started my machine again it went for half a minute and the belt stopped turning along with the machine. There is also a motor back by the belt so I am hoping this is not a bearing gone.  I just purchased this machine and this is the first time I have used it.  Of course no warranty on it.  Please help me if this has happened to your machine and what is the problem and cost as I am living in a small town in BC, Canada. :(

As this is an APQS forum...I don't know how much help folks can be....I would trying calling a Pfaff dealership or a Viking dealership if there is one near to see if they can give some help (I think the Pfaff 18-8 and Viking 18-8 are the same machine only the covering is different)....I could be wrong...also I think both of these machines are made by Tin Lizzie if that information I heard is correct.....good luck...I wish I could help more...Lin

Archived