Help I think I broke her!!!!

Hi Friends,

Ok here goes the story - stitching along with Millie and IQ - wasn't paying attention and she crashed into one of the clamps - poof needle broke and Millie wasn't happy.

I changed the needle and wanted to proceed but the needle is getting stuck in the bobbin and the machine doesn't want to bring the needle back up.  Machine is stuck now in the needle down position.

I'm sure the crash did something and now I need to know how to fix her.............ugh. 

Can any of you experts lend a helping hand......I wish I was a mechanic........(lol)

Thanks Friends

Patrice

Patrice, check that you have your new needle in correctly - sounds like you might have it in backwards!  If not, you may have possible affected the needle bar position - check the "Timing" section in your manual.  But I'm betting it's the needle in backwards....

Ok Barb, Beth and Joyce - after my mini meltdown thinking that I murdered Millie in my studio all is well.  First of all I have to get over my fear of really killing her one day because driving her scared isn't going to be much fun.  Second of all knowing that all my friends like all of you are out there to rescue her is a blessing......

I think I put the needle in backwards.....I do know that there is a front and a back to the needle, trust me I have watched every youtube video out there...........but here is the fun part becaue my dear husband got blamed for this because I have been telling him for weeks that the lighting stinks in the studio and to call the electrician and add more lights.  (like how I deflected!?) 

So thank you thank you thank you my beautiful friends...........Millie lives..............xoxoxoxo

Warm Regards,

Patrice

Archived