Bliss or not on a Millie?

We are looking at new and used Millies and wondering if the Bliss is worth the extra 1000 on a new machine or upgrading if we buy a used one that does not have one.  We have spent time on a new one with bliss but have not tried a Millie without it.

We compared Tinlizzie and HQ machines and found they feel much heavier and not nearly as smooth as the Millie with Bliss.

Thanks! 

Side by side, a Blissed Millie is many times better than one without. My opinion of course, but I upgraded several years ago and am still in love.

Be aware that adding Bliss to a used machine will cost $3000 and not $1000. That's because the rails and carriage are replaced. Shipping is high as well. If you want a Blissed system, look for a used machine with Bliss already on it, or buy a demo to save some $$$. A used machine without Bliss that's bought from a private party for $10,000 will cost you $13,000 total with the upgrade.

Let your local dealer know what you're looking for and your budget, so they can help you with a purchase

I'm with Linda.  When Bliss first came out, I didn't see the point.  Then I spent the day working a show with the gang from Iowa on machines that all had Bliss.  I would start the morning on my own un-Blissed girl, and be tired after about 45 min.  Just needed a break physically.  I could spend hours at the show quilting nearly non stop on the Blissed machines.  What a difference! 

Linda's comment about looking for a machine that already has Bliss would probably be the way to go.  You'll save money in not having to pay for shipping, and the $2000 difference between a used machine with Bliss and one without translates to a lot of fabric that you could buy instead!

If you look on the website under "Find a Dealer", I'm sure you'll find someone in your area who can help you out and offer other options.

Good luck with your search and decision.

I just found out that it depends on the age of the rails if it takes the $3000 upgrade or the $1000 upgrade.  I have a 2010 Freedom, and the NEW rails, so the upgrade will only cost me $1000.00 per Dawn.  If you are looking at used, I believe anything newer than a 2010 has the new rails.  Maybe Dawn or Mark can jump in here to confirm.

When evaluating whether an older table is "Bliss Ready" (and would therefore be a $1000) upgrade or if it would need the $3000 change-over, look at the top of the aluminum rail. If it has a V-groove on top of the rail and the table top sits just below the rail's surface, it is "Bliss Ready". If the rail top is flat and the table top is actually resting on TOP of the aluminum rails, it would require the $3000 upgrade.

Hope that helps!

Archived